Akron, OH - June 23, 2018

This is already sounding really beautiful.  There's more blending and dynamics they can do, but it's well ahead of what they were doing last year this early

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

So you don’t recognize the Garfield logo? 

I recognize it. It just wasn’t the first thing I thought of given the situation. 

I’m not bagging on the members or staff or anyone. Was just being honest. I’m extatic they are on the field.

• Like 1

Corps now coming up onto the tarp on the front of the field for a final big chord. We have a standing O!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I honestly believe this is one show where the traditional cadet might be warranted: I don’t think the uniforms do anything for the show, not in the least.

I have only seen photos, and I can’t say “I love them” and would prefer the traditional Cadets uniform, but this could very well be an area where we need to give them a pass. The uniforms were ordered prior to the former director leaving. With money tight, they may have had to make due. And if the show is half as strong as people seem to be saying it is this evening, the uniforms aren’t hurting matters much. Besides, we all probably have corps we love who have performed shows we love in uniforms we don’t love. If you get caught up in a show, the uniforms become unnoticeable.

• Thanks 2

God, I wished the teal guard unis and orange tarps/props didn't make the entire visual package kinda melt together. I think we're in for a year-long dogfight between them and Crossmen.

Just now, Jason Harrison said:

I recognize it. It just wasn’t the first thing I thought of given the situation. 

I’m not bagging on the members or staff or anyone. Was just being honest. I’m extatic they are on the field.

I do think you're in the minority on this one. Hop no longer gets to define this corps.

• Like 1