Akron, OH - June 23, 2018

11 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

The drum major is a solid black generic outfit. It wouldn’t be the end of the world to dress her in the uniform that means so much to many people. A show of unity indeed. What the corps is wearing works just fine.

wear it on retreat like Cavies do

• Like 1

Hmm. Battery needs to tighten up in this.  It's noticeably a bit too loose compared to the quality of everything else. Again, like crown, they'll get it there.

Nice little God Bless the Child interlude as the corps spreads out along the perimeter of the field. Our trumpet soloist is being cool on that center x prop again. Very Chet Baker with the solo, laid back and chill.

• Like 1

Legit jazz returns to drum corps.  This corps is happening. 

And THAT, folks, is how you integrate voice.  It just BELONGS.  And it is supremely well done.

Dayum, and I love Coats drumline.  They just always have such a great quality of sound .. nothing harsh or edgy, just a well-blended musical sound.

• Like 4

Seriously, I haven't heard a soloist in a jazz style show play this much in the lower register. It's really sweet.

Love this build by the horns. Also love the work they're doing with the chairs. Great choreography that goes well with the music.

Mellos are changing my life!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

Agreed. Tilt 5.0 is just...that.

This is nothing like Tilt. Tilt was a concept that was tacked on to a bunch of music the designers liked. The last two years have felt like actual, fleshed out concepts.

• Like 1

Again, best use of trombones this season.

• Like 1

I wasn’t being completely sarcastic, I really would like an explanation behind the design of this show

Just now, MotoSurfBass said:

This is nothing like Tilt. Tilt was a concept that was tacked on to a bunch of music the designers liked. The last two years have felt like actual, fleshed out concepts.

Disagree. Each show has felt the same to me since Tilt. Sorry about it. :laughing:

Edited by Incognito365
  • Sad 1