Doings in Detroit

While I know there is a Premiere thread on this page, it almost seems to be avoiding mentioning that the contest is in Detroit. DCPers especially have long complained of the same-old, same-old of Indy and have called for something new. DCI has given us that this summer. Detroit should  be afforded the same chatter of where to eat, where to stay, tips to the stadium, comments about the venue, etc. that every other contest and standstill gets (even rainouts.)

What's the advice for those going?  Any wisdom for the stay at home theater crowd to understand the stadium and its personality?

• Like 1

No suggestions. Except I read this week about the old train station downtown getting attention and a major investment from Ford. Would be cool to drive by that.

I'd be glad to try out new places with the Premier. Maybe it's not so logistically tough to move this one around? But can't make it due to a scheduling conflict.

15 minutes ago, tedrick said:

definitely go check out the Michigan Central Station!!

I didn't know visiting train stations was a thing...

Edited by Liahona

Just now, 2muchcoffeeman said:

They're hot real estate in some cities. When in Denver, check out Union Station. Two decades ago it was an abandoned fortress. Today's it's Millennial Heaven.

I visit all the big stations. While on tour, the corps was staying in a small town in Nebraska. I dropped the equip. Trailer and took the tractor to Golden Spike ( North Platte, Men ) largest railroad terminus in the world. Saw it all from the towel..Amazing..

Michigan Central Station is an interesting place because of its size and visibility. It sat vacant for a crazy number of years. It just got sold to Ford Motor. It's a big deal in Detroit. Google it and you'll find tons of info.

I was in town 3 years ago and went here: https://www.greendotstables.com/detroit-1/  Cool joint. There are lots of new places downtown now, though. Jolly Pumpkin Brewing has a place downtown; I can't imagine that it's not excellent.

Wish I could be there for the show.

Edited by GSNewell

6 hours ago, Liahona said:

I didn't know visiting train stations was a thing...

If you really wanna visit a train station, visit London St. Pancras International.

Edited by ExPitster
posted in wrong forum