Katie Hopkins (G.H.'s daughter) is on SCV Staff?!?

I was talking with a few folks online about what G.H. is doing now (i refuse to write his name, but he used to be part of The Cadets) and someone mentioned that Katie, his daughter, is on staff with SCV and is working with their guard.  Is that true?!?!   I looked on SCV's website, and a Katie Hopkins is listed, but perhaps the name is a coincidence?     Does anyone know?

Update: Please do not read into the "?!?" as being anything other than shock - there is no judgement intended or implied.  (Read the entire thread for clarification).

Edited by GetOFFmyDot
Provided note of clarification

9 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I was talking with a few folks online about what G.H. is doing now (i refuse to write his name, but he used to be part of The Cadets) and someone mentioned that Katie, his daughter, is on staff with SCV and is working with their guard.  Is that true?!?!   I looked on SCV's website, and a Katie Hopkins is listed, but perhaps the name is a coincidence?     Does anyone know?

I do believe it is his daughter.

I don't know anything about her, I thought her only marching experience was 06 Cadets (she was Alice, right?), which didn't really feature her guard skills? Can anyone elaborate more? Purely curious.

If she is -so what?? Are we  going to boycott SCV or something? Geeze 

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Katie is indeed on SCV staff as she was on Cadets staff, Marian Catholic h.s. staff and several other units. She is an accomplished dancer and member of an international dance troupe. Besides Cadets guard where she ultimately rose to be Captain, she also marched the Colts as a young teen which allowed her to grow as a person in her own right. Her instructors (Peggy, April, Rosie, Emma, etc.) have formed exceptional guard skills which is why I am sure Denise Bonfiglio, Adam Sage and Erik Bubula (spelling?) all whom she has known since when they were at Cadets staff and mms would want her aboard.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Katie is indeed on SCV staff as she was on Cadets staff, Marian Catholic h.s. staff and several other units. She is an accomplished dancer and member of an international dance troupe. Besides Cadets guard where she ultimately rose to be Captain, she also marched the Colts as a young teen which allowed her to grow as a person in her own right. Her instructors (Peggy, April, Rosie, Emma, etc.) have formed exceptional guard skills which is why I am sure Denise Bonfiglio, Adam Sage and Erik Bubula (spelling?) all whom she has known since when they were at Cadets staff and mms would want her aboard.  

we are a very inbred activity . We are all intertwined for sure

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

If she is -so what?? Are  going to boycot SCV or something? Geeze 

I'm glad she's not being punished for the "sins of the father".  Best of luck to her.

• Like 8