Katie Hopkins (G.H.'s daughter) is on SCV Staff?!?

!?!?!?!? is a way of communicating shock or outrage. The thread title and first post indicate this tone. 

• Like 2

Regardless, the question has been answered so I see no reason why this thread should continue

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

No one has said or done that, have they?

Not that I've seen, no.

Oh my - I’m always a little surprised when people read so much into so little.  

I used ‘!?!’ in my post because I was surprised she would work for SCV.  While drum corps is totally incestuous, I was surprised that she would work with anyone other than The Cadets, due to her family connection - not because she isn’t qualified (Katie is clearly beyond qualified - in addition to everything everyone has already mentioned, she has a degree in dance from Columbia Chicago).  

Someone mentioned she still works for YEA?   

I always feel awful for kids who parents do bad/illegal things.  They often pay the price for things they had nothing to do with.  I feel that same way for Katie.  I’m sorry if my post somehow inferred anything bad or mean towards her.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I used ‘!?!’ in my post because I was surprised she would work for SCV.  While drum corps is totally incestuous, I was surprised that she would work with anyone other than The Cadets, due to her family connection 

Even she knew working for her dad was a bad idea.

6 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Even she knew working for her dad was a bad idea.

Or working for a different group shows she got her job thru ability and not nepotism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Katie had moved on to the SCV staff (she was recruited) before any of the issues with her father were public. She is talented in her own right and will certainly contribute to the wonder program they have developed at SCV.

• Like 2