Who's on first?

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

When Legends put out their emergency appeal last year, there was a lot of grumbling on these forums about how that corps needed to learn how to spend wisely.

Did the take that lesson to heart?

Last year, Legends' first performance was July 2, and they had 10 performances prior to the start of the O.C. tour.

This year, their first performance is July 6, and they have 8 performances scheduled before the O.C. tour starts.

So it appears they did scale back a bit.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in New York.

Just to satisfy curiosity, I counted up the number of scheduled appearances for each Open (and International) Class corps (not counting Open Class Finals or World Class Semifinals). I make no judgments, trusting that each corps is doing the right number for them:

17 Colt Cadets

17 Legends

16 Gold

16 Vanguard Cadets

15 Blue Devils B

15 Guardians

14 Louisiana Stars

14 7th Regiment

14 Spartans

13 Raiders

12 River City Rhythm

12 Southwind

11 Golden Empire

10 Battalion

10 Shadow

9 Watchmen

8 Blue Devils C

8 Impulse

7 Heat Wave

7 Jubal

6 Columbians

6 Incognito

6 Vessel

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:41 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

Just to satisfy curiosity, I counted up the number of scheduled appearances for each Open (and International) Class corps (not counting Open Class Finals or World Class Semifinals).

Interesting. I wish all of them would go to Michigan City at the same time. I've been there twice but I haven't seen over a third of the open class.

Shadow makes their debut tonight. Raiders have their second perfomance.

I believe Raiders, 7th and Spartans would have an added show but the Mullica Hills, NJ show was cancelled because they were the only competing corps in the show. The new NJ Corps, Encore, was also suppose to appear in exhibition.
I guess that's why no mid week mid atlantic open class shows can be scheduled in the east unless there is a show nearby the following day or so. Shame

Edited by OldBones

Looks like Legends, The Battalian, and Columbians get on the board tonight with their first shows of the season.

Kind of interested to see what kind of score Legends puts up relative to Spartans. Maybe Spartans will beat them out for a medal at Championships this year. Of course I don't know where some of the other ones are going to fall yet either this year like Louisiana Stars, Guardians, and Southwind.  It sounds like Gold has gone up a notch too, competition for the top 6 may be intense. Just random thoughts, not much insight.

Edited by kkrepps

3 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Looks like Legends, The Battalian, and Columbians get on the board tonight with their first shows of the season.

Kind of interested to see what kind of score Legends puts up relative to Spartans. Maybe Spartans will beat them out for a medal at Championships this year. Of course I don't know where some of the other ones are going to fall yet either this year like Louisiana Stars, Guardians, and Southwind.  It sounds like Gold has gone up a notch too, competition for the top 6 may be intense. Just random thoughts, not much insight.

Saw Spartans last Sunday in their first show. If they don't contend for a medal, Open Class is INSANELY strong this year!

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, grenadasmoothie said:

Saw Spartans last Sunday in their first show. If they don't contend for a medal, Open Class is INSANELY strong this year!

They sure made a statement breaking 60 that early in July. It's been a week since then and we don't see them again for another week and a half, same with 7th Regiment. Both will undoubtedly build up their shows and be way more polished by then.

Edited by kkrepps

I think everybody's had a premiere. The middle of the pack is really crowded with close contests and too many variables to judge how things will pan out. Looks like an interesting matchup right now between LA Stars, Guardians, and Southwind currently. That's what's on second tonight, and I don't know what's going to happen.