Flo still sucks!

7 hours ago, Vdad76 said:

I did reach out during the show, did not get an answer until the next day that said they were working on it and would get back to me.  No response other than that.

wow. havent had that issue since this time last year

3 hours ago, brassboy said:

Powerline Network Adapters are my saving grace. If you aren't familiar with them, a quick internet search will make it pretty clear. I HIGHLY recommend it (and for the most stable connection, get the ones with the 3-prong grounded plugs).

not running long cords all over the place. i have an active 6 year old LOL

8 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

FWIW, I had no issues this week on Firefox.

If you refuse to use anything but IE or its new equivalent (Edge?), that's on you. Otherwise, it may be an issue with the ISP.

Also, re: gaslighting...for at least the second time this thread:

giphy.gif

They try to convince you you are the one with the problem. I am going to use firefox. I refuse to use chrome because it is google and if you do not understand why they insist you used it you never will. I have an extra LAN wire so I will connect it direct and see.  Last year they tried that chrome crap on me and it wasn't any fast and safari actually was the fastest. I have a new OS and the latest browsers. I do not like the bookmark system for firefox but I will use it.

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

not running long cords all over the place. i have an active 6 year old LOL

No cords with PowerLine except between router/switch and adapter, and adapter and viewing device.  These should be kept short and out of the way.

If I had a way to post a pic, I would. All my trusted pic sites using a different method for delivery. 

10 hours ago, flammaster said:

They try to convince you you are the one with the problem. I am going to use firefox. I refuse to use chrome because it is google and if you do not understand why they insist you used it you never will. I have an extra LAN wire so I will connect it direct and see.  Last year they tried that chrome crap on me and it wasn't any fast and safari actually was the fastest. I have a new OS and the latest browsers. I do not like the bookmark system for firefox but I will use it.

they worked with me on Firefox, and suggested I try chrome just to test it. So I did. haven't thought about Firefox since

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

No cords with PowerLine except between router/switch and adapter, and adapter and viewing device.  These should be kept short and out of the way.

If I had a way to post a pic, I would. All my trusted pic sites using a different method for delivery. 

message sent

On 6/24/2018 at 2:32 PM, flammaster said:

I never have any issues streaming other content and I do so almost daily. I had as many issues streaming in a whole season when DCI handled it than I do in one showing with blo. I will try a direct line in but that is what they had at Concord Pavilion for Finals and it froze 6 times so I do not buy the gaslighting of "it's your equipment" in this day and age there should be no issues.

There are ways to "tweak" your home network to provide optimum bandwidth. There's a video with some easy helpful hints here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0Hope it helps. 

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

they worked with me on Firefox, and suggested I try chrome just to test it. So I did. haven't thought about Firefox since

I do not like the way I am targeted with ads on chrome nor the interface. I like firefox except the way bookmarks operate. I found neither of those two faster than safari. I like Safari. It works for me. Other streaming services work well why not flo?  I do not like using Youtube since they got bought out and never use google as my search engine ever ever. I see their video features and see a big improvement and decided to give it another try since talking to one of their photographers at family day.

Administration wise and tech help wise they are pretty much the same company but like I said, that photographer was a cool guy.  I  feel like instead of being more flexible they expect YOU to bend to THEIR wishes. 

I do see that they did support Firefox now so that is good.

i had little issues on Saturday, most of mine has to do with no Android app so i was streaming with the Firefox Browser on FireTV (New Amazon Fire TV Cube), which had stability issues...since the video wouldn't load on Silk Browser. I was also using WiFi using Netgear Mesh Router(s) and Spectrum 400Mbps internet. once i figured that full screen was the issue, i was able  to have a great streaming experience

1 hour ago, flammaster said:

I do not like the way I am targeted with ads on chrome nor the interface. I like firefox except the way bookmarks operate. I found neither of those two faster than safari. I like Safari. It works for me. Other streaming services work well why not flo?  I do not like using Youtube since they got bought out and never use google as my search engine ever ever. I see their video features and see a big improvement and decided to give it another try since talking to one of their photographers at family day.

Administration wise and tech help wise they are pretty much the same company but like I said, that photographer was a cool guy.  I  feel like instead of being more flexible they expect YOU to bend to THEIR wishes. 

I do see that they did support Firefox now so that is good.

click settings....boom, you can stop ads. I was a diehard firefox guy.....got stuck with IE at work, but hell now they use chrome there too, and it's light years better. 

Trust me, last year i was a HUGE Flo critic, and couldn;t bash them enough on every platform possible. I may get in trouble for saying this, but one of the people involved on the marching side reached out to me, and after some back and forth where neither of listened to each other, we found a common place, and both sides listened. I saw their side to a point, and he saw mine as well as others saying what I was saying. And i've noticed a HUGE improvement from them. I had one glitch during WGI and i reached out to their support...and trust me, I did so gritting my teeth preparing for a huge headache. But it turned out it was a really quick and easy adjustment on my end, and the rep gave me a couple tips to do to my computer to improve it's overall performance.

I'm in sales, so when I see #### sales performance, I have no problem calling it out, and I did. I'm also quick to note improvement if I see it, and they have. Yes, they DID suck. But yes, they HAVE gotten better.

and let's be honest...they're the only game in town to watch DCI. I really didn't want to get Netflix, but there's some stuff on there I can only see there. So I got it and got what I needed to make it work. Same with streaming DCI.