Flo still sucks!

52 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

once i figured that full screen was the issue, i was able  to have a great streaming experience

Were you able to get full screen on Fire TV>Firefox?  That was the only issue in my setup.

And I agree -- I wish they would have an android app. They already support apple and roku. But, I'll deal with it.

Edited to add: I should also mention that the android/fire tv Firefox app defaulted into a "turbo" mode, that suppresses all the superfluous ads and other things that can slow down live streaming. Not sure if that option is available on the desktop/PC version.

Edited by Precious Roy
Additional info

49 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Were you able to get full screen on Fire TV>Firefox?  That was the only issue in my setup.

And I agree -- I wish they would have an android app. They already support apple and roku. But, I'll deal with it.

Edited to add: I should also mention that the android/fire tv Firefox app defaulted into a "turbo" mode, that suppresses all the superfluous ads and other things that can slow down live streaming. Not sure if that option is available on the desktop/PC version.

i can do full screen and it plays, but during the breaks between corps it crashes due to the commercials. I dont Roku because it's not a true open architecture and i can truly customize it. 

21 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

What Lance said. Always use an Ethernet cord to connect your device to your network.

At one time, I actually ran a 50' cord from my router in the office to the big TV in the den to connect to the laptop to watch the shows. I later went to PowerLine -- the router connects to an adapter which is plugged into a normal AC outlet. Then in the den, another adapter is plugged into a local AC outlet and the TV is connected to the adapter with an Ethernet cable. The data actually is transmitted over the house electrical wiring. Works great!

THANK You, your advice is very much appreciated! The keyword being a "Ethernet" cord connection needed. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, flammaster said:

They try to convince you you are the one with the problem. I am going to use firefox. I refuse to use chrome because it is google and if you do not understand why they insist you used it you never will. I have an extra LAN wire so I will connect it direct and see.  Last year they tried that chrome crap on me and it wasn't any fast and safari actually was the fastest. I have a new OS and the latest browsers. I do not like the bookmark system for firefox but I will use it.

If you think Firefox is protecting your privacy anymore than Google is... then I gotta bridge to sell you. 

Some companies don't have the developers or resources to make their platform work optimally on every single web browser. So what do they do? They choose to develop for the web browser with a SIXTY FIVE PERCENT market share. Sounds like some d*mn good business decision making to me! 

Chrome does have some shortcoming, but privacy concerns or not, Google Chrome is probably the best all around web browser to exist right now. I'm not gonna try to convince you to change, but please stop your b*tching and blaming it on a company that isn't doing anything wrong. It's on you. 

Btw, there are plenty of solutions to prevent tracking on Google Chrome, that's the beauty of it. It's endless customization. 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I found just as many problems streaming with chrome as with Safari. They recommend using Firefox as one of their options. I will try it. I will also try a line from my router direct into my computer. I have found them to be more reasonable as i stated earlier. I look at chrome the same way I do at canon. I prefer to use fuji even though it's not full frame their interface is set up the way I like and I also saved a lot of money I can now spend on lenses.

I use a Roku device and just want to say my audio and picture were solid this weekend. I was really impressed that there was multicam at both shows. Bought a new soundbar for the season and seeing SCV win live Saturday night made my weekend. Let's do it again this weekend.

I have to agree but for a different reason.  I purchased the monthly package before the price increase.  I go to watch my first feed and I get nothing.  I contact customer service and get their canned response.  I check back since I have now missed a good chunk of the first show and they are non-responsive.

WHAT'STHE DEAL??????????????????

Watched my first Flo show of the season last night (Muncie).  Samsung 55" SmartTV using the built in browser. 6Mbps DSL wired -- not using WiFi for this. I only had problems at the start: the video was playing OK but I couldn't get rid of the spinning "please wait" thingy. I paused the feed for about 10 secs to let it buffer, and no more problems. Nice pic and sound, though a little audio overload at first.

When the Cavies (?) came out with the trombones, all the cats left the room.

Tip: When watching a live stream show, I make it a point to always reboot my DSL modem and my router. Various techs have told me that when enough line errors have been logged on the ISP end, the software will shutdown the feed to resync the line and clear out the errors. 

streamed wifi into chrome last night, and zero glitches

I also streamed with chrome.  No problems at all.  Could have used ROKU on the TV, but it was in the other room and I could not see DCP at the same time.