Flo still sucks!

I've tuned in to multiple shows so far this season and haven't had any issues (knock on wood).  There have been brief moments of minor pixelation, but it's just a matter of reverting back to SD for a second or two, then it's back to HD.  My experience with them compared to last year is definitely improved.

My only current gripe is with the multi-cam option: their field camera folks seem to struggle with what to focus on and they will sometimes cut to a dude on the field who appears to be running with a handheld, making me wish I had some Dramamine on hand.

The fact that they now have FloVoice means I got even more bang for my buck to see some friends compete at the barbershop convention this past week as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flammaster said:

When you are on a very limited budget like I am with an entire life of drum corps missing half of a show because they are being tightwads with their band width is something to complain about. Also a thread for people who also are experiencing the same to trade ideas. I’m sorry are you lost or something or you just want to be a Richard? 

Move along

There are ways to "tweak" your home network to provide optimum bandwidth. There's a video with some easy helpful hints here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0     Hope it helps.   

Edited by SFZFAN

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Maybe you can come up with some compression algorithm to help them not be “tightwads with their band width”

IT'S NOT BAND WIDTH. IT'S CORPS WIDTH.  NOOB.

Mike

(have had no problems with Flo this season at all. Watched on phone, tablet, Apple TV 3rd Gen, phone to Apple TV, and tablet to Apple TV.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

IT'S NOT BAND WIDTH. IT'S CORPS WIDTH.  NOOB.

Mike

(have had no problems with Flo this season at all. Watched on phone, tablet, Apple TV 3rd Gen, phone to Apple TV, and tablet to Apple TV.)

you need to fix that bedroom window. had a hell of a time getting out of there.

10 hours ago, flammaster said:

When you are on a very limited budget like I am with an entire life of drum corps missing half of a show because they are being tightwads with their band width is something to complain about. Also a thread for people who also are experiencing the same to trade ideas. I’m sorry are you lost or something or you just want to be a Richard? 

Move along

so they should lose money so you're happy. Got it.

PS on Chrome zero issues last night

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You do realize bandwidth costs money right? Servers cost a lot! It’s not something you just pull out of the sky like you seem to think it is

Spot on. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

You do realize bandwidth costs money right? Servers cost a lot! It’s not something you just pull out of the sky like you seem to think it is

Yet DCI managed to do it with hardly a problem. You have seen how many different foo sites there are haven't you? Self congratulating acidulated liquid utensil.

8 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Yet DCI managed to do it with hardly a problem. You have seen how many different foo sites there are haven't you? Self congratulating acidulated liquid utensil.

Let me make this clear to you:

Just because you, a lone user, are having issues with Flo because you are going against their recommended web browser (Google Chrome) for some dumb, petty reason DOES NOT mean that Flo’s service is subpar. 

In fact, saying that the streaming from The Fan Network by DCI was BETTER than Flo is pretty insulting to Flo. The Fan Network experienced many issues (audio related and stutters) that were SYSTEMWIDE and not related to just one or two select few users. The biggest advantage of the TFN was the ability to playback shows after the fact (which is a good thing because TFN really did have a lot of streaming issues). I think too many people see TFN with rose colored glasses because of the ability to go back to shows any time you wanted, but that is Tresona’s fault, not Flo’s. 

I am sorry I am disturbing your safe space to whine about something that is very much in your control, but you are currently living in some weird coo coo version of reality. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3