Flo still sucks!

28 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Yet DCI managed to do it with hardly a problem. You have seen how many different foo sites there are haven't you? Self congratulating acidulated liquid utensil.

DCI had tons of issues. Tons.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Let me make this clear to you:

Just because you, a lone user, are having issues with Flo because you are going against their recommended web browser (Google Chrome) for some dumb, petty reason DOES NOT mean that Flo’s service is subpar. 

In fact, saying that the streaming from The Fan Network by DCI was BETTER than Flo is pretty insulting to Flo. The Fan Network experienced many issues (audio related and stutters) that were SYSTEMWIDE and not related to just one or two select few users. The biggest advantage of the TFN was the ability to playback shows after the fact (which is a good thing because TFN really did have a lot of streaming issues). I think too many people see TFN with rose colored glasses because of the ability to go back to shows any time you wanted, but that is Tresona’s fault, not Flo’s. 

I am sorry I am disturbing your safe space to whine about something that is very much in your control, but you are currently living in some weird coo coo version of reality. 

:inlove: you platonically

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI had tons of issues. Tons.

well it worked just fine on my rodookidodo so I'll just post that on a thread for people who are having problems thereby insuring that I have successfully congratulated myself in a web based liquid acidulation utensil manor making me feel superior in the place I spend 16 hours a day 365 days a year. (see how you look)

TFN's only redeeming quality was the playback and archive.  Which I doubt would even be available in today's copyright world had they wrongly chosen to stay at it.

Flo struggled last year, no doubt.  They've improved a lot this go round though.  Are there still issues?  Sure...  but I have access to a ton more drum corps this summer than I would without them.

• Like 1

I really find it rather fascinating that just the existence of this thread irks the DCP troll army so much they keep posting on it.  they can truly GFT. To all you folks who have shared your insight I salute you. To the people of Flo who read this thank you for the improvements you have made so far like not having the announcer so loud it blows you ear drums out and turning off that banal loop after only one hour and putting up some of their cool videos instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Let me make this clear to you:

Just because you, a lone user, are having issues with Flo because you are going against their recommended web browser (Google Chrome) for some dumb, petty reason DOES NOT mean that Flo’s service is subpar. 

In fact, saying that the streaming from The Fan Network by DCI was BETTER than Flo is pretty insulting to Flo. The Fan Network experienced many issues (audio related and stutters) that were SYSTEMWIDE and not related to just one or two select few users. The biggest advantage of the TFN was the ability to playback shows after the fact (which is a good thing because TFN really did have a lot of streaming issues). I think too many people see TFN with rose colored glasses because of the ability to go back to shows any time you wanted, but that is Tresona’s fault, not Flo’s. 

I am sorry I am disturbing your safe space to whine about something that is very much in your control, but you are currently living in some weird coo coo version of reality. 

This!!!!!!!!

Edited by fireshane1

I am still having issues with random audio glitches usually early in shows. Last night last glitch was during the Cadets. I have dotted all the I's with FLO - java, browser are up to their standards and am connected by ethernet. Now there are things FLO can do with their streaming bandwidth that they don't seem to do right away but eventually they get better keeping my buffer full on my end (Republic of Gamers Lap Top very fast) but still have issues. Sent them screen shots of download tests of around 24mbps more then enough. They need to fix this on their end. You can tell your buffers are being stressed by the field blocking out and a loss of definition that can lead to a unacceptable audio glitches. There are also clicks/pops at times which are digital artifacts that are less annoying but present.

Then there are things that FLO does that shoots us in the foot with their intrusive commercial breaks and for some reason they switch the field video back then the audio when they get around to it. Unacceptable this practice purposely interrupts the end users buffers they empty then fill back up again depending on your device can have  varying affects . Knowing digital ad insertion equipment can cost 100's of thousands I would much rather play FLO more for the stream w/o commercials than having to endure hard switch that plays havoc on the end users. Even not switching the audio/video together causes reactions on the end user that can flood the upstream (easily bottlenecked) unnecessary ack requests and reautho's and delay log-ins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flammaster said:

I really find it rather fascinating that just the existence of this thread irks the DCP troll army so much they keep posting on it.  they can truly GFT. To all you folks who have shared your insight I salute you. To the people of Flo who read this thank you for the improvements you have made so far like not having the announcer so loud it blows you ear drums out and turning off that banal loop after only one hour and putting up some of their cool videos instead.

I love telling people off like you have in your diddle post. 

As you should know - my twitter is Fantastic - greater than anything you have ever seen. 

Lets get back to the flo Glo. 

Everyone is worried about the playback or on demand. I can provide tremendous boot leg errrr amazing content via the screen capture video bundle. ROFL. :united:

Y'all are just luck the Commies have not come in here and colluded the place with "FAKE" videos!    

MDGA 

madgahhh 

24 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I am still having issues with random audio glitches usually early in shows. Last night last glitch was during the Cadets. I have dotted all the I's with FLO - java, browser are up to their standards and am connected by ethernet. Now there are things FLO can do with their streaming bandwidth that they don't seem to do right away but eventually they get better keeping my buffer full on my end (Republic of Gamers Lap Top very fast) but still have issues. Sent them screen shots of download tests of around 24mbps more then enough. They need to fix this on their end. You can tell your buffers are being stressed by the field blocking out and a loss of definition that can lead to a unacceptable audio glitches. There are also clicks/pops at times which are digital artifacts that are less annoying but present.

Then there are things that FLO does that shoots us in the foot with their intrusive commercial breaks and for some reason they switch the field video back then the audio when they get around to it. Unacceptable this practice purposely interrupts the end users buffers they empty then fill back up again depending on your device can have  varying affects . Knowing digital ad insertion equipment can cost 100's of thousands I would much rather play FLO more for the stream w/o commercials than having to endure hard switch that plays havoc on the end users. Even not switching the audio/video together causes reactions on the end user that can flood the upstream (easily bottlenecked) unnecessary ack requests and reautho's and delay log-ins.

It's your fault. The troll army has spoken and it's all on you because their roku works just fine. lol I work with them and also tell them when they do stuff right too. I notice the clicks and pops too but all in all the sound quality is pretty good. I no longer have pixelated problems thanks to the person who suggested ditching wifi. 

Are we going to find out the Trolls on this thread work for FLO and are nothing more than big bullies? FLO has to explain why the hard switches w/o audio and video together.

Even if its a manual switch it needs attention to detail, not feeling any love here putting everyone's devices on edge of the digital cliff every Corps. For want a few dollars in advertising we can always inform Rocket Mortgage if the same ad keeps boring us to death  and actually affects our experience with the event we will never use them.

• Like 1