Flo still sucks!

Here's one more about the Flo telecasts.  Previous years, we had problems with what we call sticking of the telecasts- picture and audio fine for a few minutes, and then stopping for 1-2 minutes, no matter what we did.  This year, the first three telecasts- no problem at all.  Great quality video and audio with no interruptions.  Even one telecast (Rose Bowl) was at our villa in Puerto Vallarta- during a tropical rain storm- our satellite rigged up to a palm tree- using an old Dell lap top.  We thought- great, Flomarching has fixed the problem.

Well--- we get back to the United States.  The last two telecasts, using the same computer that we used for the first two telecasts and the same internet- now we have big problems with the video.  Basically the picture is stopping every 3 seconds now for about 5 seconds.  We found that if we paused the telecast right before the drum major's salute for about 2 minutes, we got great video until the last minute of the show, then back to the stopping every three seconds.  Nothing like getting into the Bluecoats show and then having it stop the last minute every 3 seconds.  The other weird thing now, is that all of the male voices sound like Mickey Mouse after he sucked on a helium balloon.  Women's voices are normal, the drum corps sound normal.  Anyone else having this problem?

25 minutes ago, Dr. Craig Callen said:

Here's one more about the Flo telecasts.  Previous years, we had problems with what we call sticking of the telecasts- picture and audio fine for a few minutes, and then stopping for 1-2 minutes, no matter what we did.  This year, the first three telecasts- no problem at all.  Great quality video and audio with no interruptions.  Even one telecast (Rose Bowl) was at our villa in Puerto Vallarta- during a tropical rain storm- our satellite rigged up to a palm tree- using an old Dell lap top.  We thought- great, Flomarching has fixed the problem.

Well--- we get back to the United States.  The last two telecasts, using the same computer that we used for the first two telecasts and the same internet- now we have big problems with the video.  Basically the picture is stopping every 3 seconds now for about 5 seconds.  We found that if we paused the telecast right before the drum major's salute for about 2 minutes, we got great video until the last minute of the show, then back to the stopping every three seconds.  Nothing like getting into the Bluecoats show and then having it stop the last minute every 3 seconds.  The other weird thing now, is that all of the male voices sound like Mickey Mouse after he sucked on a helium balloon.  Women's voices are normal, the drum corps sound normal.  Anyone else having this problem?

Not to the extent you describe but it did last year and that was corrected by FLO. The consensus is it's not happening to that extent anymore. As long as you have a few bars lit on your Wi-Fi and everything else on the web works fine then I would put a trouble ticket into FLO. May want to do a speed test on your connection so FLO gets the full picture may be something with your ISP.

2 hours ago, Dr. Craig Callen said:

So are you getting the screen getting kind of blurry or fuzzy during some shows? I hard wired it and now do not get that. All in all I was happy with Orlando even with the couple seconds stutters during a few shows. I have yet to miss any of the top 3 corps during any shows this year but some of the lower ones I did. I tried rebooting the comcast router like someone suggested. That helped. I didn't even try last show as it wasn't bad.  I really do like their coverage this year. a lot of the shots are pretty good and I know they will get better. 

Their interview segments are very tastefully photographed with a smooth background blur instead of the  dipster doofus lens aberration circles so prevalent these days. (which is not bokeh but just distortion even though they seem to think it is without any Japanese language knowledge)

8 hours ago, flammaster said:

I really find it rather fascinating that just the existence of this thread irks the DCP troll army so much they keep posting on it.  they can truly GFT. To all you folks who have shared your insight I salute you. To the people of Flo who read this thank you for the improvements you have made so far like not having the announcer so loud it blows you ear drums out and turning off that banal loop after only one hour and putting up some of their cool videos instead.

troll army? Really?

let's look in a mirror here. You have demanded the company bend to your will so you are happy, ###### if they lose money or not. Several people here have posted suggestions on how to make it work better for you...at no charge, and all you do is #### and moan and bash and trash them. No one was more brutal to Flo online last year than I was. Dude, on twitter, Facebook, here...I bashed them daily. I shared memes on Facebook and Twitter that made fun of them. Why? They sucked.

I gave them one last shot, found a great person at their help line, and boom....95% of the issues are gone. I have fewer issues after switching to Chrome than I had the entire last month of the Fan Network live broadcasts. I use them all year with WGI stuff and even sneak peeks at BOA when the time allows. They know what works for their product, and many people here have echoed those sentiments.

And thats still not good enough for you.

Bottom line...the problem isn't Flo....it's you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Are we going to find out the Trolls on this thread work for FLO and are nothing more than big bullies? FLO has to explain why the hard switches w/o audio and video together.

Even if its a manual switch it needs attention to detail, not feeling any love here putting everyone's devices on edge of the digital cliff every Corps. For want a few dollars in advertising we can always inform Rocket Mortgage if the same ad keeps boring us to death  and actually affects our experience with the event we will never use them.

Rocket wont care, they just want exposure. they play ads on gas pumps

On 7/8/2018 at 9:12 PM, lindap said:

I can't subscribe to Flo because I live in another country and miss watching live feed; like the activity but feel left out. DCP reviews and colour commentary are appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried a VPN? That makes it look like you are in the U.S.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:23 AM, Bluzes said:

I had problems with FLO as well but it did improve by constantly hounding their help line. Chrome may help but I still use Firefox and it works OK. They also have recommended a JAVA version that can be more important to FLO than other streaming sites. I also went as far as sending them readouts of the JAVA versions, Browser and documentation on Internet Speed tests. Make sure you have enough lit bars on your Wi-Fi but if that was your problem you would know by having problems with other applications. In any event sometimes just moving your modem around just a little can improve Wi-Fi at the receiving end. FLO needs to work on Wi-Fi so saying you need an wired connection because of FLO is wrong. 

A wired connection is always better than a wifi connection.  It has nothing to do with FLO.  Just get a $10 ethernet cable and use it.  It works fine.