Flo still sucks!

I have found that they really want you to use certain apps and browsers especially Chrome which I refuse to use. I never have any problems streaming other content. the whole gaslighting that it's on YOUR end is complete BS. In this day and age streaming should not be so lousy and I am sure that them blaming the customer (just like voter shaming) is a tactic.

you want my business? come get it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I have found that they really want you to use certain apps and browsers especially Chrome which I refuse to use. I never have any problems streaming other content. the whole gaslighting that it's on YOUR end is complete BS. In this day and age streaming should not be so lousy and I am sure that them blaming the customer (just like voter shaming) is a tactic.

see i didnt want to use chrome either....and i finally gave in, and boom, all major problems solved. a hiccup here and there, but nothing major

50 minutes ago, flammaster said:

So you refuse to use a browser that's cross platform, has millions of 3rd party extensions to improve user experience, and is super stable for what exactly..? 

The only reason I would not use chrome is if my laptop had less than 8 GB of RAM (which would be a foolish purchase anyways)

Scream gaslighting all you want but this is all on you man. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, flammaster said:

FWIW, I had no issues this week on Firefox.

If you refuse to use anything but IE or its new equivalent (Edge?), that's on you. Otherwise, it may be an issue with the ISP.

Also, re: gaslighting...for at least the second time this thread:

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

You can reach out to Flo during shows. Their trouble shooting has improved greatly 

I did reach out during the show, did not get an answer until the next day that said they were working on it and would get back to me.  No response other than that.

4 hours ago, CorpsRelic said:

Thank You CrownBariDad.  I am NOT IT savvy. Please explain what you mean by "I always run "wired" which may or may not be possible in everyone's setup. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can share with this "Corps Relic".

What Lance said. Always use an Ethernet cord to connect your device to your network.

At one time, I actually ran a 50' cord from my router in the office to the big TV in the den to connect to the laptop to watch the shows. I later went to PowerLine -- the router connects to an adapter which is plugged into a normal AC outlet. Then in the den, another adapter is plugged into a local AC outlet and the TV is connected to the adapter with an Ethernet cable. The data actually is transmitted over the house electrical wiring. Works great!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Not running several wires and ripping up ceilings and floors and walls just to stream a drum corps show. it's been working much better, so i'm fine

Powerline Network Adapters are my saving grace. If you aren't familiar with them, a quick internet search will make it pretty clear. I HIGHLY recommend it (and for the most stable connection, get the ones with the 3-prong grounded plugs).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The absolute worst is DCI.org.  I don’t know how they did it, but DCI totally took a marginally OK website and turned it into a disaster. It is amateur hour at its finest 

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, flammaster said:

So, they have limited resources and can not develop for every browser. They develop for on of the more open browsers and then get people who complain about not wanting to use the browser they support.

Sounds like your issue to me. I have to deal with this all the time, and sometimes it's IE or Firefox that is required.

You just need to adjust and get all the browsers.  I like Opera the best....