Burning questions after Saturday night

So all of the top corps have premiered their shows...but many haven't faced head to head.  Some minor shake ups but the only major thing I see is the rise of the Mandarins.

So for those of you who love to speculate...

Are the CA corps a lock for 1 and 2 or is this a 4-6 way battle for the top? I would LOVE an unpredictable top 6.

How will the Mandarins do and who will they kick out of the top 12 (looks like Madison right now)? Or will other corps rally and they finish just out of the picture.

Who is the major competition for the Cadets? Is is Boston? BK? Phantom? All the changes and crazyiness and they pick up right where they left of in the standings.

After being in Detroit on Thursday, I wouldn't count any of the top 3 there ( Coats, Crown, Cavies) as out of the mix with the California Corps until we see them all head to head. 

And while I'm thrilled that Cadets have fought through the adversity, something serious will have to happen to that show for them to hang anywhere near Boston or Blue Knights...and they might have Mandarins overtake them. 

Still interested to see what Spirit of Atlanta does on their first night out...I've heard some pretty good things. Who knows? 

• Like 6

All we can do is guess at this point.  BD and SCV will certainly be in the running for Gold again, like last year; but I think Bluecoats and Crown are there too. My guess for now is this:

Tier 1: SCV, Bluecoats, BD, Crown

Tier 2: Cavaliers, Boston

Tier 3: Cadets, Phantom, Crossmen, Blue Knights

Tier 4: Blue Stars, Mandarins, Madison

Tier 5: A whole lot of fierce competition coming from many excellent units!  I saw an early clip of Spirit of Atlanta and they are really strong and fun! 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

All we can do is guess at this point.  BD and SCV will certainly be in the running for Gold again, like last year; but I think Bluecoats and Crown are there too. My guess for now is this:

Tier 4: Mandarins, Madison

Tier 5: A whole lot of fierce competition coming from many excellent units!  I saw an early clip of Spirit of Atlanta and they are really strong and fun! 

I'd put Mandarins in Tier 3, and since I'm an unapologetic homer...the Cavaliers in Tier 1. :-) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

If we are going to have Madison in Tier 4, then we should include Academy in there too at the moment, imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

True about Academy. It's just too hard for me this early to remember who all is scoring where. Very competitive season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

True about Academy. It's just too hard for me this early to remember who all is scoring where. Very competitive season. 

You got that right... haha

58 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Agree with the above but I would add that Phantom needs to make some changes or they're going to be tier 4 by end of summer. And I say this as a Phantom fan. 

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

After being in Detroit on Thursday, I wouldn't count any of the top 3 there ( Coats, Crown, Cavies) as out of the mix with the California Corps until we see them all head to head. 

And while I'm thrilled that Cadets have fought through the adversity, something serious will have to happen to that show for them to hang anywhere near Boston or Blue Knights...and they might have Mandarins overtake them. 

Still interested to see what Spirit of Atlanta does on their first night out...I've heard some pretty good things. Who knows? 

If Mandarins 'overtake' Cadets, I'll eat my hat.

• Like 3