Michigan City, IN - June 24, 2018

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Michigan City is a pretty decent neighborhood too I'm told too.

Dairy Queen is right across the street.  I can’t even begin to think of how many drum corps kids over several generations, have eaten delicious ice cream treats from there. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

Just now, BRASSO said:

Michigan City is a pretty decent neighborhood too I'm told too.

yes, given your show this year I thought you might like it. It's the beginning of the Michigan/Indiana Dunes at the south end of that big lake Chicagoans like.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

This is an amazing season so far for the Cadets, imo.

I think given the situation they are doing well

they need to really just clean and get their feet under them, the drill is really hurting the music scores 

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

they need to really just clean and get their feet under them, the drill is really hurting the music scores 

They can now methodically go about making improvements. I'm pretty sure the Corps won't be having frantic rewrites cooked up at 2am by YouKnowYou, then rushed out to the field of practice with other staffers scratching their heads at the early morning concoctions they were not involved much with in those rewrites.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

[Regarding Cadets]  Their marching technique is quite good. Someone had posted a video of the Akron show, which I saw live, but I watched that vid a few more times. Their marching is really excellent, especially from the ballad to the end. The drill itself is a beast, and the horn book is very demanding. I think those things will come around in time. They had pretty solid visual scores from last night, and brass did ok. To me it will come down to GE. I do think they have to make sense of the first half of this show -- which may happen as they clean and layer -- and for my taste they need to accent those legs.  They march so well that I do feel those pants hurt. But that's just me. I am not wild about the uni.  I'd likely buy it more with black pants. Most seem to like the unis so I am in the minority and that's fine.  If they could get the show to flow like they do with that closer, then they could surprise a few corps. 

Edited by jwillis35

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'm guessing people out there are already comparing Crown's score to BD to SCV to see who will win in August.  Crown doesn't even have a closer yet!  :laugh:

And neither does SCV to your original point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Michigan City is a pretty decent neighborhood I'm told too.

When there in May, all I saw was from the Harley/Honda shops to the Danny Bruce Memorial down by the waterfront.  The folks at the St. Joseph Club provided us a very nice dinner.  

34 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Except for the prison...

They get free room & board. meals though. So at least they got that goin' for them.