2018 Top 12

9 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

When you dont even read the question. 

Ask again in a month and your question will make sense. 

• Thanks 1

We haven't seen Spirit yet. 

Looking like Mandarins will finally join the Saturday night festivities. That would be great to see. It was great to see Academy there a couple years ago. Tears will be shed. 

But then again...we haven't seen Spirit. Not going to automatically count someone out before they even get a chance to prove what they are bringing this year, however unlikely it may or may not be to make a jump. 

4 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

It's WAY to early to even think about this yet. Until the whole field are being judged together nobody knows. 

Nah. It's never too early to speculate. Everybody does it in their head anyway, may as well post it for everybody to see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

It's not hard. Will the top12 stay this way the rest of the season. My answer is yes  

I'd say.. " no.".  Carolina Crown is currently ranked  in 2nd place today . Blue Devils 3rd. SCV 4th. I don't believe that this will hold the rest of the season once the all important head to head matchups occur. I believe DCI will have some " new drama " if thats what you want to call it, with a new Finalist TOP 12 Corps this season too and that this new Finalist Corps will be the Mandarins, imo

Edited by BRASSO

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the 12 corps with the highest scores after all captions are added/multipled/divided and totaled up and then after any penalties are calculated at semifinals are the top 12 for 2018

Always a consideration when Crossmen are in the mix. I just about had a heart attack in 2015 waiting for them to sort out their electronics issues.

It's exciting with corps 8-12 within a point of each other. I don't think it's set in stone, but awesomely fun to speculate.

It used to be if you had history of being in Top 12, you stayed there. I don't think that is the case anymore with so many talented corps out there. When everyone is hungry, the fans win as we'll see higher quality shows all around.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

We haven't seen Spirit yet. 

I have seen a video of Spirit. From a design standpoint it is a vast improvement from last year. Execution - that remains to be scene but they have a much better vehicle to work with this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Would you say the top 12 has already formed?  

Maybe not all 12, but I'd guess at least 10-11 of the top 12.  If the Blue Knights have their chart again this year, you can follow all corps.  Even though it's never a good thing to compare scores from different shows, etc., it seems at the first show with just about every WC corps, they fall into line how they've been up until that show.  (I'll wait now for someone to spend an hour searching recent years to support their argument.)