Cincinnati Tradition 6/25

were they judged on DCA or DCI sheets? if DCI sheets, a 65 is pretty good number!

It’s just a number. Different set of opinions and most likely different numbers. 

Difficult for some long distance members to make it to a Monday evening performance, so a few holes here and there. 

Received great feedback from a very capable panel. All complimentary of the organizations progress.

A sold out stadium and the audience showed their appreciation with multiple applause throughout their production. 

Certainly a good start and I like to believe that things usually finish the way they start, however there is a lot of work to be done. 

The members, staff and volunteers were all happy to get the first show under their belt. Thanks to all. 

I believe they’re wanting to fill a few guard spots still available. 

http://www.cincinnatitradition.org/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

were they judged on DCA or DCI sheets? if DCI sheets, a 65 is pretty good number!

Last year they got a 62.5 at this show. So all things being equal--and of course they're not--CT would finish the season with an 85.

Where is that score posted and is there a recap?  I did not see Tradition's score on the DCI site or on the list here.

The score and recap is available

Edited by Jim Schehr

17 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

Where is that score posted and is there a recap?  I did not see Tradition's score on the DCI site or on the list here.

And you can find them here with full recap 

https://www.dci.org/scores/final-scores/2018-summer-music-games-in-cincinnati

Edited by Jim Schehr

On 6/26/2018 at 5:01 PM, Jim Schehr said:

It’s just a number. Different set of opinions and most likely different numbers. 

Difficult for some long distance members to make it to a Monday evening performance, so a few holes here and there. 

Received great feedback from a very capable panel. All complimentary of the organizations progress.

A sold out stadium and the audience showed their appreciation with multiple applause throughout their production. 

Certainly a good start and I like to believe that things usually finish the way they start, however there is a lot of work to be done. 

The members, staff and volunteers were all happy to get the first show under their belt. Thanks to all. 

I believe they’re wanting to fill a few guard spots still available. 

http://www.cincinnatitradition.org/

I would imagine that is perhaps the biggest thing for the DCA corps who perform at DCI shows... the feedback. 

The scores... it's tough to figure out exactly where things would stack up on DCA sheets at a DCA show, but the feedback...invaluable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I would imagine that is perhaps the biggest thing for the DCA corps who perform at DCI shows... the feedback. 

The scores... it's tough to figure out exactly where things would stack up on DCA sheets at a DCA show, but the feedback...invaluable.

That’s right Fran. We’re very fortunate to have venues to perform. The shows are sold out, the members get time to met and greet friends in Open and World Class corps. Most importantly being evaluated and receiving feedback. It’s been working just fine the last several years. Scores are opinions and there are more opinions coming. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 2