Pittsburgh, PA - June 28, 2018

7 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Go Spirit. I didn’t expect it. I didn’t predict it in the Prediction contest, but this is the kind of surprise that I wish Drum corps had more of.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I didn't participate in the prediction contest, but after seeing Spirit live a couple of weeks ago, I'm not particularly surprised by their score. Here's what I posted on the Spirit thread 11 days ago: " It seems like every year at the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, there's that one bracket-busting team that outperforms everyone's expectations and predictions. Last year, BAC was what I would call a bracket-buster. Could Spirit be 2018's bracket-buster?  I guess we'll all know the answer pretty soon. Should be a fun season."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hughesmr said:

I am not one for voice in DC, but if your show is going to have it, THIS is how to integrate it.  Not overdone, not overbearing, stylistically spot on, and superbly executed.  It just "belongs" -- not like most every other use of voice I can think of that seems grafted on, or cheesy, or just plain "roll the eyes".  She never overshadows the corps, she enhances it.  

Boston's use of a singer received similar comments last year.  The Bluecoats singer really brings out the jazz theme.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yeah.  My kid was in the corps that year.  

Madison or PC?

Bluecoats’ show is leaving the field in the dust. To be up almost three points on Boston at this stage is incredible. I don’t see how anyone will beat them in GE this year. Incredible how they have done five consecutive shows that are all very different, and each with an amazing impact. The only show I’ve seen that I think can catch them is Vanguard. 

• Like 4

The Madison thread is strangely quiet for after a show.  But, it's only one show in a long season. Wishing them the best.