Cadets Hall of Fame Removes Hopkins. Sean King Vindicated in Investigation

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

OK.  Now that that piece of business is over, it doesn't seem like there's any need to keep this topic open.

Agreed .move on.

23 hours ago, Ghost said:

OK.  Now that that piece of business is over, it doesn't seem like there's any need to keep this topic open.

There is still more to come from the investigation.  Good to see Sean King cleared, but other findings still pending that will affect many people.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

There was enough that was admitted to previously (relations with a member) that is enough for any group to remind membership. Being in the Cadets Hall of Fame... to paraphrase the rationale the Crossmen used... is a privilege - not a right. This was also very important to many alumni and some of the victims. You reap what you sow.

I haven't really kept up with all this. Can you post info regarding Hopkins admitting any of these accusations? Has YEA done an investigation? 

18 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

The very thought of GH in any HOF is appalling. Question the integrity of said organizations. 

DCI has already stated that they're going to wait until after tour is over to make a determination on whether GH can be removed from their HOF.

9 minutes ago, DAvery said:

I haven't really kept up with all this. Can you post info regarding Hopkins admitting any of these accusations? Has YEA done an investigation? 

YEA has run investigations, and some District attorneys are rumored to be as well.

and no, i can't imagine he'd ever admit to any of it

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

DCI has already stated that they're going to wait until after tour is over to make a determination on whether GH can be removed from their HOF.

So I’ve been told. Doesn’t change my opinion 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

YEA has run investigations, and some District attorneys are rumored to be as well.

Has YEA published any investigational findings on the accusations against Hopkins? 

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Didn't he admit to some, but calling them "consensual"?  (I think one of the two earliest?)

3 hours ago, DAvery said:

Has YEA published any investigational findings on the accusations against Hopkins? 

Does YEA publish?  We get your point. And pretty much no one is agreeing with you. But that's ok. 

Definitely not "vindicated" based on what I've read...

The investigator found  that the woman, Jess Beyer, did not explicitly say she was being sexually harassed, but instead told Sean King that Hopkins had sent her late-night text messages while he appeared to be drunk. The allegation, the investigator wrote in her report, was “fully resolved in favor of King.”

Beyer’s attorney, Janice Newman, disputed the conclusion, accusing the investigator of trying to “victimize and silence” Beyer by “portraying the hostile working environment … in neutral language.” She said Beyer does not “exonerate Sean King for his inaction.”

• Like 1