Spirit / Madison Observation

OK - so last night Spirit scored 65.7 & Madison a 64.2.

Looking at the Spirit thread many are saying how wonderful they were last night.

Looking at the Madison thread many bemoan how awful the design of the show is and predict the demise of the Corps.

So, it wiould seem that at this point of this season, anything above a 65 is wonderful, & anything below a 65 is awful. 

Way too early.

1 minute ago, goodmello said:

I need to sensor my words very carefully here... which is extremely difficult... especially because I'm not a Scouts alumni... and the Scouts are usually very... exclusive...

I don't get it.  Sure the Scouts were champions are one point.  Sure the corps may now go in and out of finals and/or top 10.  Oh well.  That does not diminish the STILL amazing talent and hard work that is done by the members of THIS YEARS SCOUTS.

EVERY corps is useful and deserves support.  Sometimes I think certain groups forget that...  no needs for riots and coups or denouncing the activity or my alma mater....

(deeply sorry if I just INSULTED some users here) *gasp...

I've said it here before: there's no way I could do what these young people are doing. I stand in awe. Therefore, I try to cheer EVERY Corps (and, yes, a few a little more intensely).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I get the excitement for Spirit and frustration for some with Madison. Both especially MS are from the old days and had very great years of the past. I don't know if they can ever achieve those glory years. 

34 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK - so last night Spirit scored 65.7 & Madison a 64.2.

Looking at the Spirit thread many are saying how wonderful they were last night.

Looking at the Madison thread many bemoan how awful the design of the show is and predict the demise of the Corps.

So, it wiould seem that at this point of this season, anything above a 65 is wonderful, & anything below a 65 is awful. 

actually Madison losing to corps they historically haven't lost to is awful in the eyes of their faithful

• Like 1

Spirit has placed as high as 4th and was a regular staple in the top 12 through most of the 80's beating Madison or placing in the same neighborhood for several years. They've had their own issues and I would hope the Scouts organization and the alumni would be glad they're doing well. Close competition is a good thing and can help give goals to each organization.

• Like 2

I'm so happy for Spirit, but I wonder how the partial panel impacted the scores. I think Spirit beat Cavies in 2013 on a partial panel. However, when I think about Spirit's 2012 show vs their 2018 show it is night and day. So, I'm perplexed on the partial panel. 

I'd love to see Spirit back in the top 12. They have a very well designed vehichle this year. I hate partial panels. It's ridiculous in a 6 week season that DCI can't do full panels at every show.

Edited by queenanne_1536