Allentown, PA - June 30, 2018

10 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Both the Akron show and this show are probably impacted by the fact that both have big August shows later on.  (Akron being just up the road from Massillon.)  The Akron crowd was actually larger than last year's June show which had to be held at Massillon.

The Mason crowd was packed as was the Pittsburgh show.

Never stopped this show. I truly believe the YEA pricing model has to change

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Never stopped this show. I truly believe the YEA pricing model has to change

I agree. It's been quite poorly attended the last five years or so; I realize they get the stadium very cheap but still...

This show (since the venue is so large) is an opportunity to build local awareness and a local fan base - pricing it $15 or so outside the 40s and higher for the more serious fan is totally possible. Then you can make some $$ off  t shirts and bottled water

G>

• Like 1

I did not attend last night, so I'm part of the problem. But, I do understand the reality of Allentown attendance, having studied it for more than 40 years. There is no willing and dependable local Allentown crowd to speak of. Never has been. I estimate, less than 10% of any Allentown crowd would be considered local. That's been true since the beginning.

Also agree, the prices are too high for an environment like Allentown. What neighborhood family, or even just two people together, would lay out $80 or more for something they suspect is on par with their local high schools. Most of which are small and struggling. As crazy as it might sound, Allentown is not a "drum corps town."

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

I did not attend last night, so I'm part of the problem. But, I do understand the reality of Allentown attendance, having studied it for more than 40 years. There is no willing and dependable local Allentown crowd to speak of. Never has been. I estimate, less than 10% of any Allentown crowd would be considered local. That's been true since the beginning.

Also agree, the prices are too high for an environment like Allentown. What neighborhood family, or even just two people together, would lay out $80 or more for something they suspect is on par with their local high schools. Most of which are small and struggling. As crazy as it might sound, Allentown is not a "drum corps town."

well maybe it's time to MOVE the Cadets

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I agree. It's been quite poorly attended the last five years or so; I realize they get the stadium very cheap but still...

This show (since the venue is so large) is an opportunity to build local awareness and a local fan base - pricing it $15 or so outside the 40s and higher for the more serious fan is totally possible. Then you can make some $$ off  t shirts and bottled water

G>

Yes, I agree with the pricing.  I noticed how empty the stadium was when I picked my ticket on Friday when I bought it.  There were so many empty spaces. For the corps who were there,  the price was high.  Add two more top five corps there, and I wouldn't think that.  The price for my DCI East tickets are the same price as I paid for last night.