Lawrence, MA - July 1, 2018

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You're right, but I really doubt Bloo will top both SCV and BD in guard and brass. Crown was either 1st or 2nd in every caption except percussion, Bloo can very conceivably end up being 3rd (guard) or 4th (brass) in a few captions. Idk, Bloo has a great show in GE once again but I just don't think they're strong enough in the individual captions to win it. 

These eastern shows almost certainly have inflated scores this year. I'm very confident Bloo will be wearing a medal this year, but I just don't think it'll be gold. 

To be clear, they only have to win GE if the others split captions.  That's essentially how it went down for them the last time.  Someone would have to nearly sweep the rest or place 2nd in everything while the others split for it to make a difference.  In the end, if it's a horse race between 3 or more corps... then GE is the big winner.

4 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Wow. Not really offended. But it seems your dislike or dismissive attitude of the Cavaliers from recent years has carried over into this season. Just an observation.

??? Cavies had one of my favorite shows last year (and in 2014), I even had it under my signature. 

It seems like you read into things and treat them as microaggressions. Maybe try not taking innocent mistakes so personally. Just an observation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

To be clear, they only have to win GE if the others split captions.  That's essentially how it went down for them the last time.  Someone would have to nearly sweep the rest or place 2nd in everything while the others split for it to make a difference.  In the end, if it's a horse race between 3 or more corps... then GE is the big winner.

You may be right. Though Bloo came out in 1st in GE and in Music in 2016 with no caption being lower than 3rd. Call me a skeptic but it just seems difficult to come out on top when one of your captions is sitting around 6th

But all of this is of course speculation on my part and it's veryyy early in the season. Hopefully Bloo percussion will make the changes and improvements necessary to get them back near the top! 

Official show attendance tonight was 3400.  HUGE New England crowd...especially considering 91 degrees at Showtime.

• Like 5

tortuga-y-conejo-en-coplay.jpg

••|•|•••

Edited by CorpwithanS

56 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You may be right. Though Bloo came out in 1st in GE and in Music in 2016 with no caption being lower than 3rd. Call me a skeptic but it just seems difficult to come out on top when one of your captions is sitting around 6th

Crown did that very thing in 2013.  Same caption even: Percussion was 6th on finals night.  They also took 2nd in visual and GE visual.

1 minute ago, geluf said:

Crown did that very thing in 2013.  Same caption even: Percussion was 6th on finals night.  They also took 2nd in visual and GE visual.

Notice none of Crown's other captions were below 2nd though. My point was that it's unlikely Percussion will be the only caption below 2nd for Bloo this year

Just now, Cappybara said:

Notice none of Crown's other captions were below 2nd though. My point was that it's unlikely Percussion will be the only caption below 2nd for Bloo this year

Maybe.  But we're pretty early to be declaring they'll be 6th in percussion anyway without putting them up against SCV and BD.

8 minutes ago, geluf said:

Maybe.  But we're pretty early to be declaring they'll be 6th in percussion anyway without putting them up against SCV and BD.

I said as much above

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

When have the Bluecoats finished " 6th " this season in any caption ?. They havn't. None of their captions have been anywhere near 6th. Besides its July 1st here.( oops..  its July 2nd now with East Coast inflation.. haha)

• Haha 1