Lawrence, MA - July 1, 2018

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

When have the Bluecoats finished " 6th " this season in any caption ?. They havn't. None of their captions have been anywhere near 6th. Besides its July 1st here.( oops..  its July 2nd now with East Coast inflation.. haha)

They have not, I am just extrapolating just like everyone else. Bloo has placed behind Crown and BAC in percussion, and as pointed out by someone else, Cavies have beaten both Crown and BAC in percussion. With SCV and BD being above BAC in percussion as a pretty safe assumption, Bloo currently stands in "6th."

But like I said, this is extrapolation and it is still early.

It is extrapolation and it is still early

I figured that if I typed it out multiple times, maybe some genius will have the idea of actually reading it.

29 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Notice none of Crown's other captions were below 2nd though. My point was that it's unlikely Percussion will be the only caption below 2nd for Bloo this year

Not to mention that 20 in brass sure helped too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Not to mention that 20 in brass sure helped too. 

They deserved it though! I saw that Crown show in Allentown that year, they blew me away

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

But like I said, this is extrapolation and it is still early.

I figured that if I typed it out multiple times, maybe some genius will have the idea of actually reading it.

Image result for its too early gifs

• Haha 1

Frankly, I don't think any single corps is going to have a monopoly on captions this year. Unlike most years, where I can at least pinpoint a specific corps or corps that seem to be head and shoulder above the rest in certain areas of design and/or execution, this year I feel that none of the designs are particularly outstanding, and, while the performers are all excellent, no single group's performers are significantly outpacing the field. I believe that come head to heads, caption ordinals will be absolutely everywhere, and the totals will end up being a game of having the fewest low scores rather than the most high scores. 

Edited by pudding
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

They deserved it though! I saw that Crown show in Allentown that year, they blew me away

Yup. Far and away the best brassline that year.  Based on how Crown, Devils, and SCV are playing this year Coats will have no such lead.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pudding said:

I believe that come head to heads, caption ordinals will be absolutely everywhere, and the totals will end up being a game of having the fewest low scores rather than the most high scores. 

Yup! Which is why I believe BD and SCV have the upper hand. Totally ready to eat my words though, all three shows are amazing 

24 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yup! Which is why I believe BD and SCV have the upper hand. Totally ready to eat my words though, all three shows are amazing 

I could see those two taking visual and/or music captions, but I don't think that either of those shows will beat Bloo in GE. I honestly think that every single corps struck out in GE this year, but I think that Bloo has enough energy and "relatableness" to win the caption. The question is whether the technical captions will outweigh the design captions. 

Edited by pudding
  • Like 1

Just arrived home after a bite to eat.

7th Regiment and Spartans: followed both for many years. I’m not sure I can recall a season where both were as prepared for competition as this year. Spartans are an OC class to watch. Original show, great drill and color guard, interesting musical book. 7th Regiment does seem stronger this year. Placement wise at the end of the season they may be in the vicinity of previous years, 

Spirit: huge improvement over last year. I do slightly disagree with posters who believed the start was strong, I found the ending to be stronger and felt it really lacked a punch.  I’m not convinced we’ll see them in finals this year, though they could be in a “you never know” category. Some of the “doors” May have had wind malfunctions (there was a slight breeze after intermission p) but if not 

• Like 1