Standings as of now DCA

On 7/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, BigW said:

I view the DCI numbers as being like a HUGE picture window on a house. They may be as many as 10 points short of the number a DCA panel would assign. As the number increases, the window becomes smaller... maybe going to as small as 5 points short if the number starts getting towards 80.

They're very, very indefinite. The grain of salt to take them with is HUGE. :winky:

It’s about the feedback more than the number. But several judging there also judge DCA so it isn’t always guess work. 

Plus til everyone is all together anything else doesn’t really matter

Edited by Jeff Ream

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

It’s about the feedback more than the number. But several judging there also judge DCA so it isn’t always guess work. 

Plus til everyone is all together anything else doesn’t really matter

Yeah, prelims is the first time anyone really sees head to head relationships for everyone.

On 7/13/2018 at 2:42 PM, Jim Schehr said:

The CT administration firmly believes that their members and staff deserve to be adjudicated and their score made public. Hard work and commitment should be recognized. It is what it is. Scores will change with the next panel of opinions.

Works for me as when rebuilding, Westshoremen did exhibitions at DCA shows and always requested to be judged. Score might have been a bit off as don’t think judges worked as hard with the exhibition corps. But man the tapes helped in showing what needed work... or help...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Works for me as when rebuilding, Westshoremen did exhibitions at DCA shows and always requested to be judged. Score might have been a bit off as don’t think judges worked as hard with the exhibition corps. But man the tapes helped in showing what needed work... or help...

Back then, people like Truman Crawford and Jim Prime, Sr. were really helpful to the corps in encouraging us in the right directions and attitude.

heard the crowd at Cabs show was much smaller this year.Sign on the times or ruff road to the place?

2 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

heard the crowd at Cabs show was much smaller this year.Sign on the times or ruff road to the place?

I thought is was about the same as the last several years, despite the absolutely horrible traffic and parking conditions due to construction on 46.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

I thought is was about the same as the last several years, despite the absolutely horrible traffic and parking conditions due to construction on 46.

From my experience in the ticket booth, walk up and will-call seemed about the same as last year, if not (a bit) slightly stronger.

• Like 2

Well all corps ge another shot at each other this weekend coming up.Should be a good shown down .First look at Cinny with all the other big  names there .

16 minutes ago, hairbear said:

Up here in these parts, we say  "Cincy".  :)

I knew a girl named Cinny she had a brother named Sue. :tongue:

• Haha 1