Cedarburg, WI - July 3, 2018

1 minute ago, DCIdad said:

No, they aren't, and watching a youtube clip of their show I don't know that it's recoverable. 

Phantom score edges out Mandarins for 8th, but barely. Crossmen still trailing. The more we see, the more it appears that the battle for spots 8-12 will be hectic. Can't wait until San Antonio. 

I don’t want anyone to think I’m anti-Scouts.  My kid marched there.  I’m frustrated because I had hopes that the corps would build itself up after that disastrous 2007 season.  Now, it seems they may end up in 15th place..just like 2007. 

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Things aren’t looking good for the Scouts. 

Not losing hope yet....need to see what they bring to Minnesota!

I was hoping that they'd have a good year with adding the female corps member.  They showed a lot of grit last season making finals by the skin of their teeth, and it would be good to see them at least competitive but so far we haven't seen it.  For me, I just don't find their show very interesting. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

I was hoping that they'd have a good year with adding the female corps member.  They showed a lot of grit last season making finals by the skin of their teeth, and it would be good to see them at least competitive but so far we haven't seen it.  For me, I just don't find their show very interesting. 

They added a female and stuck her behind a prop for six minutes.  Yes, I compulsively timed it. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

No, they aren't, and watching a youtube clip of their show I don't know that it's recoverable. 

Unfortunately agree.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

They could lose the first 4 minutes of the show, start at the ballad, and probably push their GE scores up enough to counterbalance an undertime penalty. There's nothing in the first third that helps them, score wise.

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

’m not even going over to the Madison thread...#### storm 

A storm is an understatement!   It is really sad to see this happen in drum corps.

• Like 1

Just now, dcikon2 said:

A storm is an understatement!   It is really sad to see this happen in drum corps.

I just can’t.  My son marched there and I’m 100% sure it wasn’t to pick up chicks.  I’m distressed. 

• Thanks 1