Favorite shows and moments of 2018 so far

Surprised no one has started this thread yet.

What shows do you like best from 2018 so far? 

What are some of your favorite moments?

SCV: Ballad. The whole thing, but especially the back and forth between the baritones, then the horn snap and the immediate wall of sound from the undulating horn line. Man, that is sex and a Bugatti Chiron. 

Edited by quietcity
  • Like 8

I think the beast is my favorite show that I have seen video of but I am also loving Boston and SCV.

Favorite moments though have to be Bluecoats ballad and closer.

The realization that Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Santa Clara Vanguard -- currently the top 3 scorewise -- are all performing at the Friday, August 3 Allentown Eastern Classic.

In most years, the top dogs are split between the 2-night show.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The Bluecoats " beatnik " 50's singer is fabulous. She's got the look, the vibe, the moves,  the voice, the costuming down pat.

I've only seen the show once that I recall. Is it "beatnik" or is it "scat" singing which predates the 50s?  It seemed like the latter to me, but those in the know or a second viewing could certainly change my opinion. 

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

I've only seen the show once that I recall. Is it "beatnik" or is it "scat" singing which predates the 50s?  It seemed like the latter to me, but those in the know or a second viewing could certainly change my opinion. 

Fair question... I guess I referred to it as " beatnik" inspired, as the outfit and the beret headgear, dark shades, seemed to give off that 50's  Greenich Village, NYC,  vibe for me.  Not the 40's so much. But,  I'm not sure about what this singing style is actually called. So you could be right on this, as far as I know..

• Like 3

BD ballad. By finals week, could be the highlight of the entire season. Mandarins Guard..........just a amazing group of performers.

• Like 2

Bloo: the singer-tuba duet, and the trumpet-trombone trio that starts the ballad. This is just pure music. 

And extra credit for Bloo's color scheme and uniforms. There are not many corps outfits that you could wear to go clubbing. 

Edited by quietcity
  • Like 6