Houston.... I mean, Katy show- July 20, 2018

3 minutes ago, rysa4 said:

Tonight is going to be awesome! I'll also have to drive 20 minutes instead of the 5-6 minutes to Berry center. Just for trivia -- the Legacy stadium that the show is being held at tonight stirred some controversy because it was( and is) the most expensive high school stadium ever built in Texas-- 70 million. I'll be curious to see it. Also, the stadium is closer to San Antonio and is a quick escape to I-10 to get up there.

It better be a beautiful stadium for $70 million..

8 minutes ago, afd said:

Is this a high school stadium? I know they take high school football very seriously. 

Yes it is. Katy high school usually wins the 6A football state championship every other year. Think of them as the Blue Devils of high school football

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Yes it is. Katy high school usually wins the 6A football state championship every other year. Think of them as the Blue Devils of high school football

The Berry Center in Cypress was pretty nice. I went there twice. It always used to be held at Rice University stadium. For such an expensive school that place is a turd. I saw my first live DCI show in 20 years there in 2005. The Madison Scouts won - Carmen Project. They haven't done that well since unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

The Berry Center in Cypress was pretty nice. I went there twice. It always used to be held at Rice University stadium. For such an expensive school that place is a turd. I saw my first live DCI show in 20 years there in 2005. The Madison Scouts won - Carmen Project. They haven't done that well since unfortunately. 

I really enjoyed the berry center. I would of enjoyed watching that show live.... hopefully they will come back swinging sooner than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

It better be a beautiful stadium for $70 million..

Whenever I see a community sponsoring a Drum Corps show that I'm not all that familiar with, I like to sometimes google it to learn a little bit about the community. Its fun.. helps pass the time.

Anyway, I found out that Katy, Texas has approx 16,000 people. it prides itself on its religious participation of its community residents.. referred to as " The City of Churches ". its 16,000 or so residents have 15 churches of various religious denominations in the Community. Amazon in 2017 selected Katy, Texas to build a new 1 million dollar square foot building. The Community seems to be doing rather well economically of late, and its population is growing at a healthy clip. Its High School football team is generally very good.

Despite its rather comparatively small population, it has some notable people that have called it home.  Some are :

Clint Black.... Country Singer

Andy Dalton... NFL QB ( Cincy Bengals)

D' Aron Fox... NBA Player ( Sac. Kings )

Janeane Garofalo.... Comedien/ Actress

Tyler Myers....  NHL Hockey Player.... ( Winnipeg Jets )

Renee Zellweger..... Actress/ Producer

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Judges

I predict a certain color guard is gonna get torched tonight 

• Haha 1