Houston.... I mean, Katy show- July 20, 2018

Just now, karuna said:

Oh she is an equal opportunity torcher.  I predict several will feel the flames of her wrath! 

There is a pretty undeniable pattern towards one certain corps however 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I predict a certain color guard is gonna get torched tonight 

...and I know of one in particular that will reap the benefits 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Katy is a pretty wealthy city, all things considered. I believe the citizens there voted for it in a school district bond.

This is correct...I believe it was actually a second bond attempt by Katy ISD for the second stadium.  The first one was mostly athletics only, and was voted down.  The second one included a lot more for schools as well as athletics, and barely passed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, afd said:

Do tell. A hint? I have no idea who will suffer under that judge. 

Little green men

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Whenever I see a community sponsoring a Drum Corps show that I'm not all that familiar with, I like to sometimes google it to learn a little bit about the community. Its fun.. helps pass the time.

Anyway, I found out that Katy, Texas has approx 16,000 people. it prides itself on its religious participation of its community residents.. referred to as " The City of Churches ". its 16,000 or so residents have 15 churches of various religious denominations in the Community. Amazon in 2017 selected Katy, Texas to build a new 1 million dollar square foot building. The Community seems to be doing rather well economically of late, and its population is growing at a healthy clip. Its High School football team is generally very good.

Despite its rather comparatively small population, it has some notable people that have called it home.  Some are :

Clint Black.... Country Singer

Andy Dalton... NFL QB ( Cincy Bengals)

D' Aron Fox... NBA Player ( Sac. Kings )

Janeane Garofalo.... Comedien/ Actress

Tyler Myers....  NHL Hockey Player.... ( Winnipeg Jets )

Renee Zellweger..... Actress/ Producer

308,237 people

The Katy area's call to "move over, Pittsburgh" came a year earlier than anticipated. The suburb west of Houston - with 309,556 residents inside the Katy ISD boundaries - edged out the Pennsylvania city's dwindling population of 308,237 people, according to numbers provided by analytics company Alteryx.Sep 19, 2015

Big stadium, concrete parking lot the size of three Indiana corn fields. Hot, hot, hot.

Katy Fort Bend Road goes down to one lane for about 50 yards right before the stadium.