Houston.... I mean, Katy show- July 20, 2018

1 hour ago, Freanz said:

Katy's new stadium has a lot more space with the old stadium adjacent, but agree the Berry Center is a far nicer stadium than Legacy!

I really think that is why they moved it over to legacy. They can sell more tickets, which I am ok with. At least I can say I can experience a new mini adventure to a new stadium! 

6 hours ago, gjramsey said:

Right there with you on the move to Katy.  What was a 2 mile drive to the show is going to be 25-30 minutes, if I am lucky!  grrrrr

Just over 1,000 miles for me. (But I still got it made in the shade for Indy.)

Will concessions have anything special for TX or just the usual? Seems like Alamo Dome stuff is mostly usual.

I wish they still had the Houston show in Houston.  Rice University Stadium is huge and it's on a light rail line.  Cypress was at least an hour drive coming from SW Houston.

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

Actually, I went to Klein. Westfield was our big band rival (who pretty much always won everything).

Ain't it the truth. I know we typically did better during concert season, but during marching season they kicked our butts. The football games were interesting to say the least.

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I really think that is why they moved it over to legacy. They can sell more tickets, which I am ok with. At least I can say I can experience a new mini adventure to a new stadium! 

The stadium at the Berry Center was being worked on in June, so that might also been part of the reason for the move.

12 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I wish they still had the Houston show in Houston.  Rice University Stadium is huge and it's on a light rail line.  Cypress was at least an hour drive coming from SW Houston.

Rice was nice until they tried to charge for parking the last year they had it there.  A couple of years they had a cell-phone group selling buy one get one free tickets to get more folks in the stands.   It was a pretty sweet stadium for Drum Corps.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Just over 1,000 miles for me. (But I still got it made in the shade for Indy.)

Will concessions have anything special for TX or just the usual? Seems like Alamo Dome stuff is mostly usual.

Berry center was just the usual.  Nothing at all special.  Be interesting to see if Katy has anything different

31 minutes ago, gjramsey said:

The stadium at the Berry Center was being worked on in June, so that might also been part of the reason for the move.

Rice was nice until they tried to charge for parking the last year they had it there.  A couple of years they had a cell-phone group selling buy one get one free tickets to get more folks in the stands.   It was a pretty sweet stadium for Drum Corps.  

I remember that.  I saw a lot to great shows in that stadium and performed there as a member of Memphis Blues in 1981.

• Like 1

Flyin out Wednesday with pops for a Texas tour! Starting with this show and ending in SA

Bring sun screen gonna be hotter than hades

• Like 1