Clifton, NJ - July 5, 2018

11 minutes ago, crownisking said:

And yet Crown somehow inches closer to Bloo than they were three nights ago. Interesting.

Ehh..

That score a few nights back was a bit of a step backwards from where they had been trending.

It's been a fairly consistent point spread overall.

But yes... It is absolutely fascinating how captions can shift placement while overall scores shift opposite or remain the same at times.

Bring on the tin foil hats and the conspiracy theories! :winky:

Bluecoats opening spread from .3 to 1.25 points over Carolina Crown since opening show until today, and Boston closing that gap on Crown from 2.7 to 1.4 points to date. Interesting trends and food for thought, still early though! This season is already exciting and still more than halfway to go!! Sweet dreams everyone!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Interesting how Crown was first only in percussion but still managed to get first overall in music 

That's the 2nd place winner theory in a partial microcosm example.

The idea that with multiple contenders swapping captions... a group could theoretically win while not outright winning any captions.

It pays to be consistent and balanced...

Crown is certainly both.

• Like 2

In just ten days we will start seeing head-to-head matches, then we'll get a much better picture.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I guess rmm155 who posted the live video.

No sir, I was just posting The Cadets' FB page. 

If I were filming, I would attempt not pan so fast as it makes my eyes cringe. =) But, I'm grateful that it's posted at all.

1 minute ago, NCWVUFAN said:

In just ten days we will start seeing head-to-head matches, then we'll get a much better picture.

That, and of course changes that all these Corps no doubt will be putting into their shows, and what effect these will have on the standings/ point spreads and the like. So far the East/ Midwest Corps collectively as a group look stronger at the moment to me in the early going than last season in the early going..

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, rmm155 said:

No sir, I was just posting The Cadets' FB page.  If I were filming, I would attempt not pan so fast as it makes my eyes cringe. =) But, I'm grateful that it's posted at all.

Thank you sir for the explanation.