Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

3 minutes ago, oldsoprano said:

1 minute ago, MCDCGuardMom said:

Just got a call, apparently what we didn't see on flo was my daughter almost getting knocked out in the second movement and then running off the field... she's OK.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Glad she is okay! Hey mom, did you see the link I posted earlier to a bunch of pics I shot of Music City last night?

I did. I didn't see any of her. I'll check when you post the rest. this is her lol

VrM4ok9.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I still say those unis remind of a big package of bad cookies that you would pay $1 at a 711

Sorry, but this section sounded like they couldn’t tune in the radio to one station.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghost said:

There was talk from GH about doing Leonard B. 

Yeah, though that was scrapped very early on. I know Sound of Silence and Sensamaya were both planned with Hopkins still around. Curious if anything else is new.

3 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Downtown Tuscaloosa had never had a tornado, either. Until they had one. Downtown Salt Lake City had never had a tornado. Until they had one. Downtown Fort Worth had never had a tornado. Until they had one.

Look -- I'm not saying that the city of St. Louis is going to have a tornado soon, or even within our lifetimes. But I can't say that it definitely won't. The lack of tornado there is due to "luck," rather than some mystical force that knows where the city boundaries are. And my point is that, if a tornado warning is issued for downtown St. Louis sometime in the future, I would hope that everyone there would take appropriate cover, rather than blow it off because "we don't get tornadoes here, because..."

EVERY time I see this town named, I think of this from Groucho Marx in "Animal Crackers":

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know. Then we tried to remove the tusks. The tusks. That's not so easy to say. Tusks. You try it some time. As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

Groucho

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, kdaddy said:

Yeah, though that was scrapped very early on. I know Sound of Silence and Sensamaya were both planned with Hopkins still around. Curious if anything else is new.

ballad was changed after he left.

• Like 1

Just now, MikeD said:

EVERY time I see this town named, I think of this from Groucho Marx in "Animal Crackers":

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know. Then we tried to remove the tusks. The tusks. That's not so easy to say. Tusks. You try it some time. As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

Groucho

Lmao I live there and go to UA, yet I've never heard of that. What a funny quote. Elephants are definitely everywhere here.

• Like 1