Drum corps dreams

Does anyone else have recurring dreams regarding drum corps? 

I haven't had this one in a while now, but it involves either showing up for camp or being on tour and ends with me remembering that I am overage and either have to quit or get the corps dq'ed.

What are yours?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I still get drum corps dreams, decades after aging out. Some are anxiety dreams, like rushing to get ready as the rest of the corps is headed for the field or buses. Other times, I dream of happily being in a corps again, then slowly realizing that I am 55 years old, and hoping no one will notice. I also have pleasant dreams of good times and peoples I knew in corps. 

• Like 5

I had a recurring weird one back when I was marching junior corps.  After the show, we changed in the school and when we walked out, snipers were shooting at us.  

I researched it and the meaning was that I felt hurt and betrayed. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Sad 1

I'm sitting at Lucas for Finals and wrangled tickets near the judges box when the GE judge has a burst appendix. The ambulance crew just pass me the clipboard and tape recorder to hold as they work on their patient. Once they have taken him away, Tony DiCarlo gives the start the show hand signal. But I'm still holding the tape recorder and clip board. The other judge gives me a nod and tells me I'm an old codger who should know how it works.  I sit down to judge when the tornado hits and those big glass windows begin crashing in......

Some mornings I find myself on the floor off the bed seeking shelter...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

I'm sitting at Lucas for Finals and wrangled tickets near the judges box when the GE judge has a burst appendix. The ambulance crew just pass me the clipboard and tape recorder to hold as they work on their patient. Once they have taken him away, Tony DiCarlo gives the start the show hand signal. But I'm still holding the tape recorder and clip board. The other judge gives me a nod and tells me I'm an old codger who should know how it works.  I sit down to judge when the tornado hits and those big glass windows begin crashing in......

Some mornings I find myself on the floor off the bed seeking shelter...

Poor Joe Allison.

• Like 1