Drum corps dreams

43 minutes ago, quietcity said:

I still get drum corps dreams, decades after aging out. Some are anxiety dreams, like rushing to get ready as the rest of the corps is headed for the field or buses. Other times, I dream of happily being in a corps again, then slowly realizing that I am 55 years old, and hoping no one will notice. I also have pleasant dreams of good times and peoples I knew in corps. 

My husband has very similar dreams to yours. He tells me about them all the time.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

For decades I had the same recurring dream. More like nightmare, actually. 

It’s the usual scenario: rehearsal, getting ready for the show. My colleagues appear as they did in their youth. We all get into uniform warm up, then double file to the gates of Camp Randall Stadium. No problem. Someone calls my name and says “Hey, I think you dropped part of your uniform, is that it over there (points)?” AUGHH! Yeah...I step out of line to go get it and it takes seemingly forever...by the time I retrieve it the corps has already gone through the gates, and they crash shut, leaving me outside. I panic— the corps lines up— Crocker does his thing— in desperation I set down my horn, grab the gate with both of my gloved hands and begin shaking it and yelling for security to let me in. The security guards facing away from me ignore me. No no no!!! The corps steps off...I’m grabbing the gate so tight now my hands are bleeding through the gloves, and I’m shaking the gate just like Sarah Connor shaking the fence in Terminator 2 just before the nuclear bomb goes off. Then finally the six security guards hear me...they turn to look at me...and none of them have faces at all...just soulless blanks, staring through me as Festive Overture plays in my ears. 

I should’ve stayed in school my age out year.  :turn:

• Like 1

I am jealous of everyone who marched and can still HAVE a drum corps dream.  

But I DO still have music performance dreams.  Usually they're along the lines of I have a gig and can't get there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mfrontz said:

:unsure:

Your would not want to say that to Jim or any other Kiltie back in the day they would have made a cymbal sandwich out of your head, young man.

My dream now is for FLO to work properly. Since we cannot discuss this here any more I did place a very technical trouble ticket into them this morning. Also mentioned shutting us down from comments on DCP is not the way to treat this issue.

I had a dream that FlamMaster had stopped whining about FlowMarching.

13 hours ago, xandandl said:

that may have been a recall of the World Open at the old Manning Bowl when the sprinklers went off...twice.

Its close. But the show where it happened that season was actually at Cawley Stadium, Lowell Ma,, not Manning Bowl, Lynn Ma,  ( I was there and saw those stadium sprinklers go off during the Kilties performance )

Edited by BRASSO