Sioux City, IA - July 10, 2018

5 minutes ago, ST_Lawson said:

Greg is from Decorah, IA if I remember correctly (anyone remember the Decorah Kilties?)

That was my guess...he was a band director in Gowrie, IA early in his career.

Good job Scott. Go Leathernecks btw!

Congrats Mandarins! Can't wait to see how high up you get in Indy!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Narrow said:

Congrats to Mandarins! Wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Phantom too with a gap like that over Blue Stars.

Slow your roll. It wasn't even a point. I can see these two corps remaining neck n' neck to the very end. Credit where credit is due; the Mandarins are on a mission this year and they will most definitely be in finals. It's not a safe to say, anymore. It's a for certain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

Slow your roll. It wasn't even a point. I can see these two corps remaining neck n' neck to the very end. Credit where credit is due; the Mandarins are on a mission this year and they will most definitely be in finals. It's not a safe to say, anymore. It's a for certain. 

I mean Phantom hasn't even been a point ahead of Blue Stars either for the past week or so. And Mandarins show has a lot more room for growth imo than Phantom. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SCVdrums said:

Genesis has a powerful group and a great quality of sound.

Thx for the report - excited to see them make the home stretch through Texas in a week or so.  I know they’ve been filling a few holes and tightening up the show.  Can’t wait to see how much progress they can make this year over 2017!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, quietcity said:

Congrats Mandarins! Can't wait to see how high up you get in Indy!

A 4.3 point increase from last show for the Mandarins is certainly a morale booster for ANY Corps. It makes getting right back to practice so much easier and makes for quick body and spirit rebound after giving your all in a show competition..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Way to go Mandies!!!

4.3 point gain is amazing - largest point gain of the season for any world cup corps! *   With only 1 show in the previous 7 days they've really been working on cleaning some things up and have added a few new wrinkles. Looks like it paid off. 

* note: this ties BD's point gain between show 1 & 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Around 83,000 for a city population which is pretty big for that area of the country.  They probably have two bowling alley's TS.

4th largest city in Iowa. Bigger than Dubuque. Not big by California standards, but around here, that's a good sized city.