Valdosta, GA - July 10, 2018

Best of luck to all Corps in the Valdosta show.

Edited by markt1960
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, markt1960 said:

Just want to wish Southwind the best of luck tonight in their first show!! I am a 1982 Alumnus of the corps and cannot wait to see them in Millbrook, Al on Friday night. Go Wind!!

Ditto on the best wishes especially to DCP's enthusiastic poster who marches Southwind's low brass line.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 4

I was checking out Southwind's schedule. Yes -- starting a little later than other Corps, but hitting the ground running, nay -- sprinting!  After tonight, 4 more consecutive days of shows.

All the best!!!

Guardians debut tonight as well!  Though our show is still definitely a Work in Progress.  Only half the props have arrived, still waiting on the guard flags, and oh yeah - no closer on the field as we finish drill.  Gotta say, I liked last year's Kanye-fest, but this show will probably end up outscoring it by the end though; it's a little more conventional while still adding our signature bells and whistles. (and vocals and drop ins and oh yeah Pulitzer Prize-winning hip hop)

Mike

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Guardians debut tonight as well!  Though our show is still definitely a Work in Progress.  Only half the props have arrived, still waiting on the guard flags, and oh yeah - no closer on the field as we finish drill.  Gotta say, I liked last year's Kanye-fest, but this show will probably end up outscoring it by the end though; it's a little more conventional while still adding our signature bells and whistles. (and vocals and drop ins and oh yeah Pulitzer Prize-winning hip hop)

Mike

Looks like Guardians also believe in touring means TOURING -- 5 shows in a row beginning tonight!

All the best to all the Corps!  (Pace yourselves! Still a month to go to Michigan City/Indy.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Ditto on the best wishes especially to DCP's enthusiastic poster who marches Southwind's low brass line.

I actually marched in the drumline (snare).

markt1960

Southwind 1982 (snare)

CorpsVets 2000-2002 (snare)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jsualumnus said:

Hey... ;). ... Go Gamecocks!!!!

As long as they are the CORRECT Gamecocks!  (Marching Southerners!)

• Like 1