Valdosta, GA - July 10, 2018

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve always wondered how you older alumni from the Alabama Southwind felt about the Lexington, KY period of Southwind under the Madison umbrella?   I’m not trying to open a can of worms.  Just curious. 

We don't speak of that here in Ky. Lol. A friend of mine marched in 07 and said it wasn't bad, but wished she had went for a top 12 corps.

Edited by Incognito365

12 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

We don't speak of that here in Ky. Lol. A friend of mine marched in 07 and said it wasn't bad, but wished she had went for a top 12 corps.

My son marched there three seasons.  If TR and Pat Fitzgibbon hadn’t left, I believe he would have aged out there. 

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

My son marched there three seasons.  If TR and Pat Fitzgibbon hadn’t left, I believe he would have aged out there. 

My friend quit because she was offered the guard position at our alma mater. Lol. I only got to see them once, and that was at the Drums Across the Bluegrass show in 2007. It wasn't bad, but it definitely felt like they were trying to do a "local college" type show. Not my cup or tea.

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

My friend quit because she was offered the guard position at our alma mater. Lol. I only got to see them once, and that was at the Drums Across the Bluegrass show in 2007. It wasn't bad, but it definitely felt like they were trying to do a "local college" type show. Not my cup or tea.

My son was gone by 2007.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm not sure I understand?

I think, this being their first year in World Class, they're used to, at most, playing before non-Finalist corps, not immediately before former world champions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hoping for a GREAT show tonight for the Cadets (and hope those trumpets can stop blaring through the hornline too...c'MON trumpets!!! BALANCE!!!).

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1