Etiquette

The corps director was consulted and did not take responsibility or advise that the behavior would change moving forward.  I already said my verbiage was a little heavy handed in my OP, however anyone who thinks students of drum corps age don't absorb the character they see in their instructional staff is really being silly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, iheartponies said:

The corps director was consulted and did not take responsibility or advise that the behavior would change moving forward.  

Consulted, as in told that the corps was breaking a rule?  Next time tell the timing and penalties judge. 

4 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Soulless Idiots who are you referring to I don't think the members have much choice where the staff sends them to warm-up.

No but millennials! Gotta blame em!

Judging by OP’s post, I’m sure he/she is a great model for future millennials

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Eleran said:

So ... Santa Clara or Pacific Crest?

it was scv, and if it was a designated warmup area, they did nothing wrong

i was more alarmed by cascades staff members walking down the aisle from the top of the stands, and hopping on the track while their corps was still peforrming

In Denver we set down low on the fifty and that year the row in front of us was filled with the staff members of each corps. Ruined the show image having rabid fans for every corps reacting and discussing the smallest detail. Add settling in with all the backpacks and other things they carry around. I had no problem telling them to quiet down they just gave me some looks but mostly complied felt like saying aren't they suppose to catch it? 

50 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Consulted, as in told that the corps was breaking a rule?  Next time tell the timing and penalties judge. 

Professionals were trying to be civil with other corps by speaking directly to the staff.  There really are not designated warmup spots at most shows.  And frankly if anyone's judges tape contains your warmup you should be penalized   And PS I've taught enough great teachers and role models to not really need to validate myself.  The next time a corps points their warmup at the stadium, they should be asked not to perform- then, their fan base might ask their staff to behave appropriately.

• Haha 1