What additions/changes would you suggest?

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Previous wind mills and the trees this year are big.  If it's too late to use mm from a section or two to build a raft over three regionals/finals, then maybe it was thought of during the designing of the show, and they didn't see any visual value.  I'll leave it at that.  Having the mm show wear and tear from regional to regional shouldn't be too hard to incorporate.

I am fairly certain this design team has the entire season mapped out with sufficient logical and effective layering and show development.  And the cleaning tech's are making huge strides. 

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Previous wind mills and the trees this year are big.  If it's too late to use mm from a section or two to build a raft over three regionals/finals, then maybe it was thought of during the designing of the show, and they didn't see any visual value.  I'll leave it at that.  Having the mm show wear and tear from regional to regional shouldn't be too hard to incorporate.

Dirty up the corps uniform each show and tear them  up too

In the Spring, I saw an announcement of the Troopers repertoire and it reported that they were ending their show with 'Climb Every Mountain'.

However, that has not been their closer from the two shows I have seen.  It is apparently an original piece of music (correct me if I am wrong).

Based on how they are scoring, it would seem that ending with 'Climb Every Mountain' could only be a positive.  It fits with the show concept and if I remember correctly, the last top 12 corps to play it was the Sky Ryders in 1988.   (Maybe there is an aversion to playing such a recognizable piece of music? Not sophisticated enough?)

• 3 weeks later...

At someone's suggestion for BAC.  Add a ship prop that appears from the back tunnel in Indy and have the corps leave the field ala Into the Light going through the ship prop.  Then run the 'wave' over the beach.  Perhaps some footprints of the corps on the beach as they run across that disappear with the wave, but I'm not sure how you'd accomplish that with the members off the field. 

Edited by KVG_DC

When the camera zooms in on the small brass ensemble featured up front in Crown’s ballad, all the players’ hair will be over the same shoulder. Halfway through their feature, all players will do a hair flip to the opposite shoulder while still playing to accentuate that Beasts within still appreciate Beauty. In this manner, Crown would be the first to feature individuals who can both play a brass instrument in a top Ott-contending hornline AND perform hairography * at the same time *, something BD has yet to attempt. :whistle:

Edited by TRacer
Freaking ottokorect
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TRacer said:

When the camera zooms in on the small brass ensemble featured up front in Crown’s ballad, all the players’ hair will be over the same shoulder. Halfway through their feature, all players will do a hair flip to the opposite shoulder while still playing to accentuate that Beasts within still appreciate Beauty. In this manner, Crown would be the first to feature individuals who can both play a brass instrument in a top Ott-contending hornline AND perform hairography * at the same time *, something BD has yet to attempt. :whistle:

BD's guard has the best hair game in the business.  Trying to go head to head with them would be follicular folly.  

But integrating hair into the hornline just might work.  It might help untangle Crown's VA scores, and it would be their main use of mane use since 2007.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

BD's guard has the best hair game in the business.  Trying to go head to head with them would be follicular folly.  

But integrating hair into the hornline just might work.  It might help untangle Crown's VA scores, and it would be their main use of mane use since 2007.

Hairy funny

1. Eliminate the stupid "body movement" - it serves no purpose and looks idiotic. 

2. No more dancing hornlines and drumlines - leave that crap for the guard.

3. Eliminate synthesizers.

4. Eliminate props. 

5. Kill the spandex figure skating costumes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SFZFAN said:

1. Eliminate the stupid "body movement" - it serves no purpose and looks idiotic. 

2. No more dancing hornlines and drumlines - leave that crap for the guard.

3. Eliminate synthesizers.

4. Eliminate props. 

5. Kill the spandex figure skating costumes. 

I didn’t realize there were so many parody accounts on DCP

• Haha 1