I seen the future and it is Robot Corps

Far fetched, may not be. I hope I'am still around maybe 10 years out and we may hear announcments like:

In exhibition from Silcone Valley"The Bots" Performing as the 1974 27th Lancers. Way cool they can fill in at intermissions as well.

Maybe we can bribe the project manager and have them ready to perfrom this year since I have not seen an annoucement who the exhibition corp is Friday in Indy? Anyone know?

Lets not let anyone associated with dci see this. By then trucks drive themselves, housing is the trucks parked in truck stop, no one to feed, might as well make the judges and staff robots as well and dci controls everytime going on around the country from Maui, great gig.

Concessioners will be robots as well so it just some big corporation that suffers. I seen the future and nobody has a job, scary

22 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I seen the future and nobody has a job, scary

Some of your vision is already taking place currently and they're happy about it.  These are humans I'm referring too.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Some of your vision is already taking place currently and they're happy about it.

I am happy also. We all may have had discussions already with A.I. reps at big companies and not even noticed.

40 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Concessioners will be robots as well so it just some big corporation that suffers. I seen the future and nobody has a job, scary

I almost got knocked over today doing grocery shopping at Stop & Shop when the robot aisle cleaner (larger than R2D2) came up behind me and almost didn't stop. Just how much sauerkraut would I have been given in compensation if it hadn't stopped?

I remember a drum corps comic book from back in the 70's that has a sci-fi story called "Future Corps". Some time in the future (The year 2000, I think), the finest human corps was competing against a near perfect robot corps. The future of humanity was at stake or something. Does anyone remember this comic? I would love to find it again.

Early on we used to put a few strips of clear tape on the floor runner for the mail bot and watch IT go crazy trying to fix, was ok till it hit the next strip each time they would take more of it apart. Some of mail staff were the to go nice people it was in honor of them.

3 hours ago, quietcity said:

I remember a drum corps comic book from back in the 70's that has a sci-fi story called "Future Corps". Some time in the future (The year 2000, I think), the finest human corps was competing against a near perfect robot corps. The future of humanity was at stake or something. Does anyone remember this comic? I would love to find it again.

I had a copy of that and think about it every now and then. I wish I knew what I did with it! I remember the humans won the contest because of the emotion they put into the show.

Edited by piperguy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, piperguy said:

I had a copy of that and think about it every now and then. I wish I knew what I did with it! I remember the humans won the contest because of the emotion they put into the show.

Friend had it and remember before the robots corps were trading members like sports teams. At the end the guy who was warned about what would happen found out his future self was warning him. Too bad it hasn't been scanned yet.

• Like 1