Zionsville, IN - July 11, 2018

2 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Fun fact: The bleachers here in Zionsville had no numbers. So DCI had to put a line of plastic tape down the center of each bleacher row, then place sticker on the plastic with the seat numbers. 

I hope they made them roomy.  I’m tired of being crammed in a space adequate for a skinny 12 year old.  I’m looking at you Mason high school. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I hope they made them roomy.  I’m tired of being crammed in a space adequate for a skinny 12 year old.  I’m looking at you Mason high school. 

That’s a crappy place for a show.  I even suggested where to move it for 2019.

• Thanks 1

A non-scientific relative comparison...

July 12, 2017: Phantom Regiment was 4.7 points behind SCV, the eventual second place corps

July 11, 2018: Phantom Regiment was 5.9 points behind BD, a corps that could potentially finish in second place (though will be more competitive than SCV last year)

4 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

July 12, 2017: Phantom Regiment was 4.7 points behind SCV, the eventual second place corps

July 11, 2018: Phantom Regiment was 5.9 points behind BD, a corps that could potentially finish in second place (though will be more competitive than SCV last year)

Different years, different landscapes. PR will have their work cut out for them staying in front of Blue Stars and Mandarins this year, where everyone in the top six is really playing a different game entirely.

tYxykmt.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Means nothing...

Now if Phantom was 0.6 behind vanguard last year, and NOW 5.7 behind Devs, that would mean something.

Or if they were where Madison is, that also would mean something.

Phantom is in the same tier this year as they were last year. I like their show so much better this year though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

What we should all like at BD show is a fast, powerful opening. It stands out nicely compared so many of the slow-build, one minute of nothing but movement openings. 

The Force is strong with this one.

Edited by mfrontz

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m lucky that I’m hitting some shows with an extra ticket. So got a bit of space around me.

Edited by mjoakes
  • Like 1