Hoschton, GA - July 11, 2018

2 hours ago, Casual said:

No, I’m not looking at it from that perspective. If you look at the scores, they are almost always in the order of performance.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Not so much during the season, but you are not far off the mark actually when it comes to Finals Night, most seasons. Most years there is no shift at all from the performance order of the 12 Corps to their eventual placement that night. And if there is a change, its almost exclusively just 2 Corps of the 12 switching positions between just the two of them. This despite none of the 11 judges being the same judges as the night before, as well as the natural and expected variance in the  12 performances that night by each of the 12 Corps from their previous nites level of performance quality levels.

Edited by BRASSO

4 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I did research on this. I've found that my favorite corps wins through hard work, determination, and excellent performance.  When they don't win...I looked into it and discovered that 100% of the time it's all about politics.

This . ( haha)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Casual said:

No, I’m not looking at it from that perspective. If you look at the scores, they are almost always in the order of performance.

That just seems too convenient. I’d think there would be more variation since the performers are not robots. Just seems fishy to me. Every corps has good and bad nights, but you’d never know it from the scoring.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Maybe look a little closer, there’s been more variation in scoring this year than there has been in a while!!

On 7/11/2018 at 7:11 AM, MikeRapp said:

Very good job by Mr. Litzenberg, and shameful for the school that promised housing and then pulled it at the last minute. I’d like to know who did this. If this is a public school, someone is gonna get a carefully worded email from me.

As has been stated, School not at fault. Person who was working it out by district is no longer there and didn’t take care of it fully. 

• Thanks 2

The unfortunate snafu with Cadets' housing site is entirely down to the recently-fired millennial band director at Woodland High School. He made a promise he couldn't keep, especially after showing up drunk to graduation. Had absolutely zero to do with DCI, the principal at Woodland, or Spirit of Atlanta. If anyone pops off at the mouth by bashing any of the latter, they are 100% wrong. Many thanks to the band director at Cairo High School for mitigating a very bad situation. With any luck, that former Woodland director will choose another career which has nothing whatsoever to do with music, because he should be kept the hell away from the marching and music communities.

On another topic altogether, I'd like for Steve Tant at Crown Tickets to contact me with the names of the Spirit member's parents who were sitting on Row I, estimated seats 16-20. They were so obnoxious that they should be banned from all future DCI events. No one needs "fans" who abuse people in the seats around them.

No, I don't keep secrets for anybody who doesn't deserve my discretion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl said:

recently-fired millennial band director

This sounds like a terrible situation and a horrifyingly unprofessional guy, but a garbage human is a garbage human no matter how old they are. No need to imply more by than that by an unnecessary mention of his generation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl said:

With any luck, that former Woodland director will choose another career which has nothing whatsoever to do with music, because he should be kept the hell away from the marching and music communities.

You’d like to think so but I have zero confidence that we’ll never see this guy teaching young people somewhere else again.  Zero confidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl said:

The unfortunate snafu with Cadets' housing site is entirely down to the recently-fired millennial band director at Woodland High School. He made a promise he couldn't keep, especially after showing up drunk to graduation. Had absolutely zero to do with DCI, the principal at Woodland, or Spirit of Atlanta. If anyone pops off at the mouth by bashing any of the latter, they are 100% wrong. Many thanks to the band director at Cairo High School for mitigating a very bad situation. With any luck, that former Woodland director will choose another career which has nothing whatsoever to do with music, because he should be kept the hell away from the marching and music communities.

On another topic altogether, I'd like for Steve Tant at Crown Tickets to contact me with the names of the Spirit member's parents who were sitting on Row I, estimated seats 16-20. They were so obnoxious that they should be banned from all future DCI events. No one needs "fans" who abuse people in the seats around them.

No, I don't keep secrets for anybody who doesn't deserve my discretion.

What is your position on periscope  ?0

I doubt there will ever be another show in Hoschton again. 

• Like 1