Sign in to follow this  
DrumScorps

Ogden, UT - July 11, 2018

Recommended Posts

PLACE CORPS SCORE
 
1 Santa Clara Vanguard 86.250
2 Blue Knights 78.950
3 The Academy 76.500
4 Troopers 73.800
5 Pacific Crest 67.750
6 Oregon Crusaders 66.000
7 Seattle Cascades 63.000
Powered byCompetition suite VIEW FULL RECAP
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone beat me to scores, so I will just say I can't wait for these corps to meet up with everyone else next week to see how things shake out with others.

Looks like we are in for some fun battles at the top/middle/bottom of World Class this year!

Edited by AMarcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some strong shows this year all up and down the ranks.  I can't wait to actually see all of them!

The homer in me is bummed that OC's show hasn't caught on with judges.  The crowds are digging it and it has tons of potential but they are losing ground in their tier.  :( 

It's still early... I know.  Plenty of season left.   

Sometimes I wish I could just enjoy drum corps and not worry about scores.

 

Edited by luv4corps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SCV has the best show this year and the fact that they are performing it so well this early in the season is scary. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CAtenhut said:

SCV has the best show this year and the fact that they are performing it so well this early in the season is scary. 

I agree. I think they are unstoppable. It's just so #### good and that brass line sounded glorious at Stanford - big, full, lush, and powerful.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this was the last show scheduled this year for Columbians. Maybe next year they can extend their season to get to the mid-season SoCal championships, as Battalion is doing this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luv4corps said:

Some strong shows this year all up and down the ranks.  I can't wait to actually see all of them!

The homer in me is bummed that OC's show hasn't caught on with judges.  The crowds are digging it and it has tons of potential but they are losing ground in their tier.  :( 

It's still early... I know.  Plenty of season left.   

Sometimes I wish I could just enjoy drum corps and not worry about scores.

 

If the judges aren't catching on, I hope OC makes changes so it does. At this rate they may not make Semi's. There's only 1 month left in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that is a ridiculous number for Vanguard - 

Whoever planned the tour: it does not really help the competition when you put a top 3 corps out in a backwater loop of shows for a month before having them join up with the main competition -- it would have been better for a 6 - 12 place corps be out there on that tour leg - more competitive for the other corps and that big bopper would be going head to head with the top competition --

This has been a great tour for BAC this year - look at how going head to head every night with the top 5 has strengthened them -- 

Vanguard - you're good.... but that is an artificially high number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tedrick said:

that is a ridiculous number for Vanguard - 

Whoever planned the tour: it does not really help the competition when you put a top 3 corps out in a backwater loop of shows for a month before having them join up with the main competition -- it would have been better for a 6 - 12 place corps be out there on that tour leg - more competitive for the other corps and that big bopper would be going head to head with the top competition --

This has been a great tour for BAC this year - look at how going head to head every night with the top 5 has strengthened them -- 

Vanguard - you're good.... but that is an artificially high number.

If there had been a percussion judge, would the score have been higher?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.