Is it worth it?

I live equidistant from Nashville, Atlanta and Winston-Salem. Is it worth it to attend the Masters of the Summer Music Games, the Southeastern Championships and NightBEAT? The only reason Winston-Salem is on the list is it's typically the show that Carolina Crown reveals their real ending. 

• Like 2

If I could I would attend all three but if had to choose I would go to Winston-Salem dci seems to make a big deal out of that show and looks like a stadium with good acoustics, hearing bad sound in new dome in Atlanta but everyone is there. I avoid the Nashville area because of the traffic but show is in Murphysboro for easier access.

38 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

(I didn't mean to quote^)

Murfreesboro is 45 min outside of Nashville so you may want to recalculate your distance OP.

When I marched, the mid-TN crowd was one of the most electric, rivalling the BOA symposium show.  Go to Atlanta if you want AC, chairs with backs, and to see corps below 9th.

Edited by TheClutch

Is this the only show(s) you can attend this season?  If so, ATL definitely. There are so many great performances this year and a lot of them won't be performed at Finals. Enjoy them while you can!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Is this the only show(s) you can attend this season?  If so, ATL definitely. There are so many great performances this year and a lot of them won't be performed at Finals. Enjoy them while you can!

And it won’t get rained out.  Unless that place springs another leak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

If I could I would attend all three but if had to choose I would go to Winston-Salem dci seems to make a big deal out of that show and looks like a stadium with good acoustics, hearing bad sound in new dome in Atlanta but everyone is there. I avoid the Nashville area because of the traffic but show is in Murphysboro for easier access.

from my experience last year, Winston-Salem is a great show. Atlanta was a mess last year, and apparently the new dome doesn't sound so good. Nashville wasn't bad, great stadium, but not as good as Winston-Salem. That's my pick

Thanks all for your suggestions. I've decided to just do Murfreesboro and Atlanta. Driving back from Winston-Salem on a Sunday night may be a bit much for me. 

• Like 1

If I have the means to go to 100 drum corps shows, it's always worth it. If you have the means to go to multiple, by all means, go to multiple!

Edited by ouooga
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 7:29 AM, DCIDevon said:

I live equidistant from Nashville, Atlanta and Winston-Salem. Is it worth it to attend the Masters of the Summer Music Games, the Southeastern Championships and NightBEAT? The only reason Winston-Salem is on the list is it's typically the show that Carolina Crown reveals their real ending. 

If I could I would attend all three. After seeing BD and especially SCV, I wish I could see them both every night.