Dubuque, IA - July 13, 2018

Talking to my daughter, who is sitting on the bus, she says its dumping where they are.  Maybe that's a good sign and it'll clear out before show time.

This would be the first rain out of year.  To bad for Colts this show is a major fund raiser for them.   Doesn't look good right.  No place to even a standstill unless it stops raining enough to hold one on field.

2 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

This would be the first rain out of year.  To bad for Colts this show is a major fund raiser for them.   Doesn't look good right.  No place to even a standstill unless it stops raining enough to hold one on field.

I don't think standstills are even done that often anymore with all the electronic equipment used for shows.

4 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe tickets are refunded due to weather cancellation. So while there wouldn’t be revenue from concessions or souvenirs, advanced ticket sales shouldn’t be lost. 

5 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I don't think standstills are even done that often anymore with all the electronic equipment used for shows.

They did approve a “Plan B” performance option this past January in which if the show is rained out and an appropriate venue is secured, a brass- & battery percussion-only standstill show can occur, with each corps allotted 10 minutes to play show segments and/or encore pieces.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

DCI has a set policy on standstills that was implemented after rain in Muncie  a couple of years ago.   No Pit, No Guard,  No Uniforms Just horn lines and battery