St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

A cracker with cheeze whiz,. 

ah.  well, still better than pepperoni and kale on a gluten free crust  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Blasphemy! JK, at least you tried it :) Now go wash it down with some Ted Drewe's. That won't disappoint.

Edited by tommynev
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ah well, at least it's still better than that glorified bread bowl Chicagoans love so much....

JK, all pizza is good

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone is in St. Louis an extra day and enjoys theater, take a trip to The Muny in Forest Park. It's a gigantic outdoor theater that's celebrating their 100th anniversary this year. They're doing the first licensed regional production of "Jersey Boys" this week. Almost all the actors they bring in are Broadway veterans and I hear this is another fantastic Muny show. If you get there an hour or so before showtime and don't mind sitting in the very back the tickets are free.  Plus, Forest Park is gorgeous.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tommynev said:

If anyone is in St. Louis an extra day and enjoys theater, take a trip to The Muny in Forest Park. It's a gigantic outdoor theater that's celebrating their 100th anniversary this year. They're doing the first licensed regional production of "Jersey Boys" this week. Almost all the actors they bring in are Broadway veterans and I hear this is another fantastic Muny show. If you get there an hour or so before showtime and don't mind sitting in the very back the tickets are free.  Plus, Forest Park is gorgeous.

I'll second that. Been several times and always enjoyed it. Concessions are respectable, if a little pricey. Two drinks, ice cream and a pretzel is about 25 dollars. 

Edited by TheAngryBavarian
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheAngryBavarian said:

I'll second that. Been several times and always enjoyed it. Concessions are respectable, if a little pricey. Two drinks, ice cream and a pretzel is about 25 dollars. 

You can bring in your own food and water, too, but the frozen lemonade (or daiquiris at the concession stand) are perfect on a muggy St. Louis night. Parking is free as well.

16 hours ago, tommynev said:

If you've never been to St. Louis I would recommend trying Imo's Pizza. It's really unique and (I think) delicious. Super thin crust with yummy provel cheese. And if you like frozen custard then you should really swing by Ted Drewes. Both of these places are as St. Louis as The Arch and The Cardinals.

There is no such thing as good pizza in St. Louis.  I have had pizza all around the country and STL is way down the list.  When I lived there,  Pizza Hut was the best around.  Pizza Hut!!!  But Ted Drewes for custard is really worth visiting.  Other places sell "cement" as well.  One place in particular in Kirkwoid.

Edited by LabMaster