St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

I would go for something along the lines of beef - I think they're known for that in St. Louis --

I can work with that.

4 minutes ago, tedrick said:

I would go for something along the lines of beef - I think they're known for that in St. Louis --

Pappy's - best BBQ around.  THey're always featured on the Food Network.  They may be out of the good stuff by now.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Pappy's - best BBQ around.  THey're always featured on the Food Network.  They may be out of the good stuff by now.  

I second Pappy's! Ribs and burnt ends are so good. Zia's on the hill is good too if you like Italian. Really any restaurant on the hill is good.

Edited by tommynev
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re here.  Tried the St. Louis pizza for lunch.  That’s the strangest pizza I’ve ever had.  

I come from the Chicago area & agree that St Louis pizza is quite different than what is found in Chicago (or the Calumet City style pizza I was raised on).

That said, I came to love Imo's St Louis style when I was stationed in Belleville.  It is thin, but that means you can eat more of it.

• Like 1

This thread is 12 pages and the show is a day away!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FLBuzcut said:

Just got into town! What's for dinner? (apparently, not pizza)

Check out Charlie Gittos on the Hill or the downtown version if you want Italian

https://www.charliegittos.com/on-the-hill.html 

Also, toasted ravioli is another St Louis creation - actually not toasted but deep fried.  Deep fried is always tasty 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
More info
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

This thread is 12 pages and the show is a day away!

And 11 of those pages are discussing pizza (or what some call pizza).

For those who arrived today, I hope you enjoyed the light show that St. Louis put on for you.  We had some pretty wicked storms this afternoon.  There is a 50% of storms during the show tomorrow ... I know its a dome but it can really mess with the corps getting in and out.  I remember last year at Muncie there was a long delay in the stand-still performance because the corps couldn't get into the building.

• Like 1