St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

19 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I'll play

1. Devils (GE, Visual, Percussion, Music)

2. Cavies (Guard)

3. Bluecoats

4. Boston

5. Crown (Brass)

6. Cadets

7. Stars

8. Regiment

9. Mandarins

10. Crossmen

11. Spirit 

12. Madison

13. Colts

I like your thinking, with the following adjustments:

Blue Coats 2, Cavies 3

Madison 11, Colts 12, Spirit 13

• Like 1

I'm thinking why does Madison continues to get slotted to perform after the Xmen?  Madison is so overrated!!! No wonder Xmen are having problems moving up. Terrible slotting.

19 minutes ago, gregory11 said:

I'm thinking why does Madison continues to get slotted to perform after the Xmen?  Madison is so overrated!!! No wonder Xmen are having problems moving up. Terrible slotting.

Put in groups of three based on last year then it’s a random draw

it will sort itself out after SAT 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Me too!  Word from my kiddos is that the last 3 days has been pretty focused and we get to see the middle of the show redesigned tonight, with more Metallica!

Same report here. Mine still likes what they originally did. I do hope the changes get recognized. It helps when MM's are still excited in mid-July!

Edited by Rileydog
thought wasn't communicated properly

39 minutes ago, brians said:

I like your thinking, with the following adjustments:

Blue Coats 2, Cavies 3

Madison 11, Colts 12, Spirit 13

Yeah, I've been thinking and probably Bluecoats 2nd. I think by end of season we'll have a four way battle for bronze: Bluecoats, Crown, Boston and Cavies.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, I've been thinking and probably Bluecoats 2nd. I think by end of season we'll have a four way battle for bronze: Bluecoats, Crown, Boston and Cavies.

Top three are likely established in Bluecoats, SCV and BD. The next three will be really tight between Boston, Cavaliers and Crown, probably in that order.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I agree with this. I currently see BD and SCV on their own right now and the other 4 are lumped very close to each other. Crown's a little more than a point behind Bloo right now, but I expect that to tighten up. Crown's big issue right now is on the visual side and that is the sort of thing that can be tidied up pretty quickly. With more clarity, GE scores will go up. They already have a killer hornline and percussion. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Top three are likely established in Bluecoats, SCV and BD. The next three will be really tight between Boston, Cavaliers and Crown, probably in that order.

I'm not sure about Bluecoats, yet. Had you written this at this time last year, I would have agreed 100%, but looked what happened. Tonight is going to be very telling, and I'm excited.

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I agree with this. I currently see BD and SCV on their own right now and the other 4 are lumped very close to each other. Crown's a little more than a point behind Bloo right now, but I expect that to tighten up. Crown's big issue right now is on the visual side and that is the sort of thing that can be tidied up pretty quickly. With more clarity, GE scores will go up. They already have a killer hornline and percussion. 

Agreed. People seem to forget Bluecoats were undefeated last year, then SCV came east and ended that, then when they saw BD and Crown (again) - boom they were 4th - just like that. It seemed to happen overnight. While they may be undefeated this year, I have zero doubt SCV and BD would also be undefeated if their only competition was Crown and Boston. No insult intended towards Crown and Boston (they are great, too), but since Boston hasn't beaten Cavies yet, I am viewing Boston and Crown as the 5th and 6th place corps right now. Tonight is going to be very telling. Bluecoats win, then it looks like it's between SCV and Bluecoats, Devils win and it looks like it's between BD and SCV. I'm expecting Devils to win. All in all, however, I just don't see SCV losing it this year. But it's going to be a fun road to Indy. Boston is amazing, too. I think 3-6 is going to be a fun battle to watch.