St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

1 minute ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Great thing about a show close to home? Visiting the practice site so my daughter can spend time with her cats

NLVk4oU.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

This is precious

• Like 3

Nice weather to start the day here in STL! I'll post some photo updates throughout the show. We're bringing four friends to their first drum corps event, so hopefully no more crazy thunderstorms this weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gregory11 said:

I'm thinking why does Madison continues to get slotted to perform after the Xmen?  Madison is so overrated!!! No wonder Xmen are having problems moving up. Terrible slotting.

Crossmen are having a hard time moving up because the shows ahead of them are just better. Period! Madison isn't even in finals, so they are hardly over-rated. I have A LOT of problems with Madison's show this year, but the music, drill and guard work aren't one of them. Blue Stars show is on a whole different level from a design and room to grow standpoint, which is why they are widening the gap over Crossmen. I also believe Mandarins have a better designed show. This is showing, and rightfully so, in the judges marks. If you have a problem, it should be with Crossmen's designers for giving them a show that can't compete with their peers, not the judges.

And regarding performance order. Blue Stars, Crossmen and Madison placed 10-12 last year. They are in the same group to draw for performance order. Madison just continues to get lucky with the draw, that's all. There's no slotting - they draw for position. After tonight they may not be in the same draw group, because I believe it changes after tonight, based on results of tonight and DATR. It depends on where they place.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Great thing about a show close to home? Visiting the practice site so my daughter can spend time with her cats

NLVk4oU.jpg

You are the best dad ever! Tell your daughter the Blue Stars show ROCKS! One of my favorites. Hoping they get 8th.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:35 AM, 777hornman said:

Judging in the MIDWEST has been terrible. Who are these  Judges??  Terrible.

Triple 7, here you go again.

You made a similar comment during the Minneapolis show thread  and I replied (p.69) to your judgement and challenged you to substantiate your assertion that the judges at Midwest contests were "clueless".

Why don't you use this opportunity to justify your St. Louis assertions or, in the alternative, just foxtrotuniformcharliekilo off. You are becoming an embarrassment to the Crossmen.

• Thanks 1

Crossmen have a show that is largely not very challenging from a drill and design standpoint. I love Crossmen, and continue to hope they have that magical season where they land in medal contention, but they continue to struggle with that age old balance of youth vs difficulty. They arent unique in that regard, all of the corps in that perennial 9-14 group deal with many of the same basic challenges. 

Boston and Cavaliers have found a way to emerge from that group via different strategies. Both are now becoming destination corps for older, more experienced marchers. Eventually Crossmen are going to have to buckle up and put a big show on the field and hope the staff can coach them up by midseason.

• Like 3