St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

Powerful playing from Legends, and a program that's easy to connect with for the crowd.

6fVe4rE.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

How many corps can sneak the 'Spider-Pig' song in to their arrangement successfully?! Love it Legends!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The build-up takes quiet a while. The web and spider-legs opening sets are nice. The sound is very big. The occasional creepy (spidery?) sound effects are OK. The various brass effects are well done for Open Class. On high camera I'm not quiet getting what's happening with the black silks--a fly being wrapped up? The opener flows pretty well, and the transition comes nice and fast.

Looks like two holes in the brass arc up front. I love the idea of treating the "Spider-man" theme as serious music for variations. So far the web props feel underutilized. The synth transition to the jam section is boring but brief. Make the jam longer. And jammier. "Rite of Spring" makes no sense to me in this show but sounds fine. The work with the red silks feels random. I do like the guard creeping on the ground like spiders.

The mp low brass entrance after the whole corps jumps across the field comes in astonishingly clean. It feels like something is missing visually during the big hit up front. And the audience didn't seem to know how to respond to the playout there--add something to it. This next section feels like technical exercises rather than a cohesive musical or visual presentation: compulsories. The way they move there is interesting though: a sort of mid-air stutter gives them a sense of slow-motion. That is a huge sound for the double company front. Overall the show is on the short side.

Not sure how to quote a specific section on mobile, but agree on Rite of Spring. Arranged fine throughout the show, but feels out of place.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Music City is winning the "how to take the field" caption.

• Like 3

Music City has put together a very fun show for their WC debut year. 

• Like 1