St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

It's too bad that this absolutely fantastic & memorable Crossmen program is falling on a year stacked with a ton of other incredible designs in their tier. It's really not getting the recognition it deserves, mostly because everyone else in the tier is so good as well. "The In Between" is light years better than the safe-but-ultimately-forgettable vanilla shows they've brought to the table the past two years. I really, *really* appreciate the corps stepping out of its design comfort zone this year, and I do hope they'll find reward for it by the season's end. What a terrifically flavorful & unique show this is turning out to be, with both visual and ESPECIALLY brass demand stepped up greatly from the past few seasons. I applaud Crossmen for taking a big step out of their comfort zone this year.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

This weekend was my first real read of Mandarins and BK.  From different nights, different venues and different broadcast systems, it seems to me BK is better musically, and Mandarins better visually.  Anyone feel that way?

I think that's what the scoring has mostly told us.  Will be interesting to see what happens next week with everyone together. 

They really need to change the splash screen for Madison, last year's uniforms don't work with this.  Also I like the opening set/lay down.

• Like 2

I still think Academy could sneak past Crossmen at Semis, but it will take a lot of cleaning over this last half of the season. The Crossmen just have the amazing talent pool that is Texas.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 3