St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

Just now, Pizazzman said:

I know this has been hashed out elsewhere, but I’m really not a fan of area mics and BD seems to be using them to compensate for some big (by BD standards) issues in the hornline. When I heard them live, they really struggled to maintain balance and tone when playing at upper dynamic levels and seem to be satisfied to back off and just let the sound system do the work instead. They still perform well, but I guess I’m just missing the days when they didn’t need the hornline amplification to sound great.

No one needs amplification to sound great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Ok so going in I had this different

affer watching on flo 

BD

Bloo -1.25

Cavaliers -.25

Boston -1.25

Crown - .20

Cadets -2.0

anyway just a guess based on the stream 

enjoyed all the corps!

Whoa.  That's a big margin 1 to 2.  If that's how it comes out then SCV and BD may be islands unto themselves to the end.  Little competition at or among 1 and 2.  The suspense...

1 minute ago, Fracker said:

Paper? I don't get it.

I think he was making a joke

• Thanks 1

This is just my first time hearing BD, so I will reevaluate on later hearings, but it feels like there's just a bit too much filler in the 1st half of BD's show, and not enough music you can grab onto (granted - they play 'filler' better than anyone).  I mean, "Laura" gets what ... 10 seconds or so, mostly from the pit?  "Harlem Nocturne" gets a few moments of vastly modified arrangement.  I just wish there was a little more of that noir mystery which those pieces imply, but BD  move away from them so fast and spends more time on their Arban runs, that they really don't seem to even want the mood of the very music the selected.  Great soloists, as always.

• Like 5

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

Whoa.  That's a big margin 1 to 2.  If that's how it comes out then SCV and BD may be islands unto themselves to the end.  Little competition at or among 1 and 2.  The suspense...

I don’t think there’s much question SCV and BD will be first and second at Finals, only the order of finish.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fracker said:

Paper? I don't get it.

What's a paper?